Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /

BenQ PV270 connection issue in LightSpace LTE

Author J_Coy
Mono
#1 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 11:49 
Hi forum,

I've performed a full characterization of my BenQ PV270 and created a 3D LUT, which was then rechecked and verified. However, I'm running into an issue when I follow the guide for uploading the LUT to my PV270's hardware.

The Upload pop-up window allows me to select BenQ as "device type," but even though I can tick and un-tick NULL Cube, the "Monitor Name" selection is greyed out, and "Select Cal Set" is empty. If I just hit Upload without selecting a monitor, I get an error message about failing to initialize the BenQ monitor.

I am running Windows 10, and the monitor is connected to the LightSpace PC via USB that was supplied by BenQ. Does the monitor need a driver download or some kind of firmware update?

Author Steve
Scene
#2 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:14 
Have you checked the have the latest BenQ firmware in the display?
And the same with the driver.

Steve

Author J_Coy
Mono
#3 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:16 
Thank you for the response, Steve. I believe I have the driver installed (computer recognizes display as BenQ PV270 in Device Manager), but I'm not sure about BenQ firmware within the display. How do I check this?

Author Steve
Scene
#4 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:23 
You will have to talk toBenQ.
We do not have access to their firmware.

Steve

Author Steve
Scene
#5 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:25 
Oh - and make sure you have a direct video connection too, as the User Guides states.

Steve

Author J_Coy
Mono
#6 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 12:29 
I will contact them immediately, Steve. Thank you.

I do have a direct video connection as well as the USB connection. It's currently using DP, but I performed the characterization with TPG from Resolve, connected through HDMI via BMD's Mini Monitor 4K decklink card.

Author J_Coy
Mono
#7 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:16 
Huh...the correct monitor name (PV270) and Calibration Set options finally popped up on their own. Not exactly sure why, perhaps I just needed to wait a little longer? Anyway, I'm going to continue with the BenQ guide on Light Illusion and get this all finished up!

Author Steve
Scene
#8 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:20 
Weird - while the display is slow to communicate, it's not normally that slow...

Steve

Author J_Coy
Mono
#9 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:22 
That's what I figured. It definitely seemed like something wasn't being communicated between monitor and PC. Not exactly sure what changed. the LUT is 80% uploaded, I will report back on the progress and see if I can figure out what was going on with the connection.

Author J_Coy
Mono
#10 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 13:33 
LUT uploaded correctly to the PV270! Very strange behavior there for a while. I'm going to continue working in LightSpace and continue to refine the LUT, but it's good to know that the upload process works now. Thanks a bunch, Steve! Love this software so far.

Author J_Coy
Mono
#11 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:09 
Extra question: for profiling a PV270, I want to select RG Phosphor under Calibration Settings, correct? The panel is a GB-r LED.

Author Steve
Scene
#12 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:12 
Actually, you would need to check with BenQ.
I can't remember if it is a PSF Phosphor, or not.

Steve

Author J_Coy
Mono
#13 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 17:13 
Understood, thank you.

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration / BenQ PV270 connection issue in LightSpace LTE Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 316 [5 Feb 2020 22:54]
Guests - 316 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice