Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /

Xrite i1 display pro and Lightspace don't work.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »  
Author lem220
Mono
#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 17:33 
Lightspace seems to have a problems to work with XRITE i1 display pro. I think I tried all sugestions showed in the forums, but I didn't get any sucess putting to work the Lightspace software together with the Xrite i1D3. I tried to install it in two diferent Notebooks, one with Windows 10 and the other one with Windows 7. Both computers work ok with HCFR and I1Profiler, but no with Lightspace.
Any additional sugestion?

Author Steve
Scene
#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2017 17:47 
Please see the information on the 'Downloads' e-mail' sent to you when you requested the software download.

The information you need os in that e-mail.

Steve

Author lem220
Mono
#3 | Posted: 21 Mar 2017 20:53 
I talked to Ted and he sent me a patch for the i1 Display Pro driver and so Lighspace started to work ok.

I was in a hurry, so I really hadn't read all the information written in the e-mail.

Thank you very much.

Author rnfr247
Mono
#4 | Posted: 5 May 2018 02:08 
Having the same issue. Can't get it to work. Read everything I can but no luck.
Can you please let me know how you fixed your issue?

Author Steve
Scene
#5 | Posted: 5 May 2018 08:07 
He followed the information in the download email, and spoke to Ted, as the information in the download email states.

Steve

Author RollsRoyce
Mono
#6 | Posted: 3 Nov 2018 17:54 
There's a new twist to this saga. The latest beta of LightSpace, 9.0.0.2846, seems to knock out Ted's files. When they are installed along with this beta, an OEM meter gets the "meter is password protected" error message, while a Retail doesn't. However, LightSpace will then switch unannounced to the virtual meter when trying to take readings. Deleting the I1D3 dlls and "install.bat" in the LightSpace CMS directory then running a repair install of LightSpace CMS will restore OEM meter functionality, but then a Retail meter won't work.

Author Steve
Scene
#7 | Posted: 3 Nov 2018 18:49 | Edited by: Steve 
I can't see how that cold possibly happen?
There is no active re-writing of any of the installation folders other than when you install the software.

But, any 'non-standard' dlls, etc. will be deleted and replaced with the standard ones when you install any new LightSpace version.
And if you install the 'non-standard' dlls you cannot use the OEM probe any more.

Basically, you cannot run both the standard and non-standard dlls simultaneously.

Steve

Author RollsRoyce
Mono
#8 | Posted: 3 Nov 2018 21:41 
OK, Steve, that makes sense. However, I'm still wondering why the Retail probe will not work correctly after the dlls are installed. The meter is recognized, there are no error messages, but once the setup of the meter is complete in Options and a profiling session is initiated, the program will switch to the virtual meter without warning. Weird. I've been having issues off and on with permissions randomly changing and perhaps this is somehow related to that. Anyway, I'll stick with my OEM meter. It's newer than the Retail.

Author Steve
Scene
#9 | Posted: 3 Nov 2018 21:44 

Author RollsRoyce
Mono
#10 | Posted: 4 Nov 2018 17:24 | Edited by: RollsRoyce 
I have manually added the new presets, yes. But on reflection, I don't believe I had done so at the time I was fussing with the Retail meter. That's probably why it wasn't responding.

Author isticism
Mono
#11 | Posted: 15 Nov 2018 23:19 
Hello all, I also got the dreaded "The device is password -locked [-505]" error when I try to connect my i1Display Pro. This was frustrating because I intentionally purchased an i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B-02 probe based on what I read on these forums. My probe works fine in all the other Windows 10 programs that interface with it, just not in Lightspace. Reading up about this, I contacted Ted and successfully installed his patch/workaround for "Retail" version of the probe (even though mine is OEM).

My question is whether or not using the "Retail" workaround presents any drawbacks for the calibration process? Do I lose the increased precision and other features of the OEM when I use Ted's patch? Are there any other drawbacks? Or is it functioning just as it would normally?

If there are drawbacks, I may try to continue to troubleshoot probe connectivity before calibration. If not, I'll proceed with Ted's workaround.

Author Steve
Scene
#12 | Posted: 15 Nov 2018 23:22 
If Ted's DLL works, the probe cannot be a standard OEM probe.

Steve

Author isticism
Mono
#13 | Posted: 15 Nov 2018 23:26 
Steve
That's weird, I verified the seller was selling OEM, checked the serial number when registering it, and the unit is clearly marked "Rev.B"...

Author Steve
Scene
#14 | Posted: 15 Nov 2018 23:34 
Sorry to say 'RevB' has nothing to do with it being OEM, or not.

Steve

Author RollsRoyce
Mono
#15 | Posted: 16 Nov 2018 00:08 
The serial number is the key piece of info. OEM serial numbers begin with "OE-", and Retail serial numbers begin with "I1-".

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration / Xrite i1 display pro and Lightspace don't work. Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 411 [17 Mar 2015 10:47]
Guests - 411 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice