Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /

Calibrating an eizo

Author stepanko
Mono
#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2015 18:21 
Hello

In our company we mainly use Eizos for compositing a sony A250 OLED for the colourist monitor and a Samsung TV for client monitor. What I want to do is try and calibrate all of these to one target and, so I never again here the words "looks different on that monitor" coming from the client. Mainly what I want to know is if you can load an external LUT created with Lightspace and an external probe straight into an Eizo (we're talking about CX 270 and CX 240 so they don't have inbuilt probes).

The second question is whether this can be done with an i1 Pro (the old version, rather than the new one, but has been recently sent for recalibration).

Thank you for your answers

All the best

Stepan

Author Steve
Scene
#2 | Posted: 27 Aug 2015 18:29 
The CX range of Eizo display cannot be calibrated with 3D LUTs, so no, you cannot calibrate them accurately without the use of external LUT boxes.

Please see: http://www.lightillusion.com/eizo_manual.html

And yes, the old i1Pro probe is fine for calibration.
The new i1Pro2 has little benefit over the old i1pro.

Steve

Author CMushenko
Mono
#3 | Posted: 29 Sep 2019 00:44 
Just looking into this as well for an Eizo CG241W. Is there an external LUT Box you recommend that would work well with Davinci Resolve 16?

Author Steve
Scene
#4 | Posted: 29 Sep 2019 13:15 
You would need to define what i/o you require for the LUT box.
And then see what is suitable.
Any LUT box will work, if it can be connected into the video path.

Steve

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration / Calibrating an eizo Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 316 [5 Feb 2020 22:54]
Guests - 316 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice