| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

EIZO Display Calibration Guide & Workflow Using Lightspace And ColorNavigator

Author mike_n
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 6 Apr 2014 10:02 
Hi guys,

a display calibration guide and workflow for calibrating the EIZO CG275W has been posted on DisplayCalibrationTools.

It's a very detailed, in-depth, step-by-step guide that compares the various calibration approaches:

1) calibration using ColorNavigator only

2) calibration using Lightspace only

3) calibration using Lightspace & ColorNavigator

The workflow explains usage of custom color patch sets, gamma improvement techniques, proper screen performance validation methods and demonstrates problematic areas (and behavior) of the display.

The calibration guide can be found here:

<a href="http://displaycalibrationtools.com/display-calibration-guides-and-workflows/eizo-cg275w-lightspace-colornavigator-calibration/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://displaycalibrationtools.com/display-calibration-guides-and-workflows/eizo-cg27 5w-lightspace-colornavigator-calibration/</a>

- Mike

Author redisred
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 00:29 
Went through this today and the tutorial was really helpful! I'm not sure how many people have lightspace and a CG275, but this was awesome for me. My results seem good, the gamma waves you were addressing were almost exactly the same in my screen so that was helpful. However, since this was the first time I've used the networking calibration tool, I think I've got an extra layer of issues as I'm attempting to calibrate an Eizo plugged into a mac, which therefore has an icc profile running through it. Any insight on how to get the best results that way? Just loading the Rec 709 icc profile on with the Eizo loaded with a null cube really crushed the blacks pretty hard, it didn't seem like a good place to start. I need to try more combinations but there seems to be some fighting between the icc, the screen and the Lightspace. I do have Spaceman, I've just not spent enough time with it.

Author mike_n
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 03:46 
Red,

turn off / disable all ICC profiles and any other Color Management on the Mac. There are other sw solutions that preload ICC profiles on system startup, incl ColorNavigator. Turn all of them off or even better uninstall them.

Make sure that the notebook (that has Lightspace installed) is connected via a hardwire network connection - wireless is not recommended.

- M

Author redisred
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 03:59 
How would you turn off icc on the Mac? I can't find a way to not have one selected in display system preferences. It seems like you have to pick one. On the network, I'm using parallels and I was able to use the internal network between the "PC" and the Mac within the same computer. It it seemed to be working great, but this is probably an edge case, so I may have to try both ways and compare

Author mike_n
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 11 Apr 2014 04:15 
I don't use Mac so I can't help you with the ICC setting.

Regarding network, hardwired is highly recommended so that the patches stay in sync. Wireless may introduce lag.

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 EIZO Display Calibration Guide & Workflow Using Lightspace And ColorNavigator

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0