| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /   

PGenerator and DeviceControl video clip playback

Author ryan_p
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:08 
Greetings,

Thank you so much for the wonderful PGenerator tool.

I have it working very well for pattern generation, so delved into the powerful DeviceControl tool to see what else I can do. I copied some test pattern video clips to /var/lib/PGenerator/video, and they got recognized by the DeviceControl video player modules, and triggered video playback on my display.

My video chain is set up as recommended:

Calibration software: Output Video levels (16-235)
PGenerator: Output PC levels (0-255)
Display: Read input as Video levels (16-235)

However, I quickly discovered that when PGenerator is set up with the above chain, the DeviceControl video player modules, which I assume utilize omxplayer, cause the Video levels (16-235) to get expanded to PC levels (0-255). I would guess omxplayer reads the PGenerator display config, sees it configured as PC levels (0-255), and thinks it needs to expand from Video levels to PC levels. This of course leads to the incorrect video image being displayed, since the Display is set to Video levels.

Would it be possible to modify PGenerator's version of omxplayer to not expand to PC levels? Or perhaps add a flag to enable/disable expansion to PC levels?

Author biasi
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 13 Jul 2020 13:44 
I think it is not possible; the only solution is to configure rpi with 16-235 output

Author ryan_p
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:25 
I tried configuring RPi with 16-235 output, and this does prevent the expansion from happening.

However, it is my understanding that this is not ideal, since the RPi is not bit-perfect with 16-235 output. Is this correct?

Author biasi
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:06 
yes,the correct settings for pattern generation is rgb full output

PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /
 PGenerator and DeviceControl video clip playback

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0