Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl /

Raspberry Pi 2 version B and PGenerator

Author RickD_99
Mono
#1 | Posted: 11 Sep 2019 19:16 
Has anyone tried setting up an older Raspberry Pi 2 version B with PGenerator? The RaspPi 2 lacks WiFi and Bluetooth so I am using a male to male USB cable to connect the Pi to my PC that has LightSpace ZRO installed on it. I cannot get Device Control to recognize the Pi and when I go into Lightspace and network manager Lightspace fails to discover it also. Shouldn't I be able to use the RaspPi 2 with PGenerator or am I missing something?

Author biasi
Mono
#2 | Posted: 11 Sep 2019 19:50 
I am using a raspberry pi 2 model b rev 1.1 but I use the ethernet connection because the usb of the device is not otg (the usb connection is working instead with Raspberry Pi Zero);for wifi connection I am using on the RPI a usb dongle TP-Link TL-WN725N and for Bluetooth a Digicom 8E4520

Author RickD_99
Mono
#3 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 02:35 
biasi:
I am using a raspberry pi 2 model b rev 1.1 but I use the ethernet connection because the usb of the device is not otg (the usb connection is working instead with Raspberry Pi Zero);for wifi connection I am using on the RPI a usb dongle TP-Link TL-WN725N and for Bluetooth a Digicom 8E4520

Thanks Riccardo...I have ordered a bluetooth dongle which should solve this problem. Thanks very much for your development and continued support of this amazing tool!

Author biasi
Mono
#4 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 08:48 
have you ordered the same Bluetooth dongle Digicom 8E4520 or another type?

Author RickD_99
Mono
#5 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 22:18 
biasi:
have you ordered the same Bluetooth dongle Digicom 8E4520 or another type?

I ordered the LSSEDA 4.0 Bluetooth adapter from Amazon. This one had good reviews and doesn't require a driver disk for Windows 10 setups. I will let you know how it works....

Author biasi
Mono
#6 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 22:27 | Edited by: biasi 
the rpi p2 has not Bluetooth interface so the dongle should be installed on RPI;have you bought the dongle for your pc or for raspberry? if your pc has a Bluetooth interface check if the menu "personal area network" is present when you click on Bluetooth icon with right mouse button

Author RickD_99
Mono
#7 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 22:40 
biasi:
the rpi p2 has not Bluetooth interface so the dongle should be installed on RPI;have you bought the dongle for your pc or for raspberry? if your pc has a Bluetooth interface check if the menu "personal area network" is present when you click on Bluetooth icon with right mouse button

yes the LSSEDA I bought is for a custom PC I built for video editing which lacks bluetooth. I am using another bluetooth adapter with the RPi 2 that I already had and I have already confirmed it works with the RPi 2.

Author biasi
Mono
#8 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 22:45 
thanks for the explanation;I hope that the dongle LSSEDA has the possibility to add a device to Personal Area Network because the bluetooth software on RPI is configured to work as a network bluetooth device

PGenerator & DeviceControl Light Illusion Forums / PGenerator & DeviceControl / Raspberry Pi 2 version B and PGenerator Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 316 [5 Feb 2020 22:54]
Guests - 316 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice