| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /  

First 3rd party development using ColourSpace Remote Control

Author Steve

INF
Male
#1 | Posted: 4 Dec 2020 15:15 | Edited by: Steve 
The first 3rd party application using the new 'Remote Control' capabilities of ColourSpace has just been announced, and allows JVC's auto-cal program to use ColourSpace for probe control, etc.

It means any probe that can be used with ColourSpace, including probe settings, presets, etc., can now be used with JVC auto-cal.

Really cool!

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/page-63#post-60297327

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 17:34 
Steve,

I'm using Peter's tool to have ColourSpace do the readings for JVC's projector calibration software. I just want to make sure I've got ColourSpace set up right:

I've got the active probe set to my i1D3, the reference to my i1Pro2. I then have to set 'Probe Matching Active' on the Graph Options, or are remote controlled readings always using the currently configured probe calibration settings when doing readings?

Cheers,
Ulrich

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 17:41 
At present, the data sent to the 3rd party program is the raw measurement data, not probe matched, as within ColourSpace probe matching is a post-process.
We have this on our list of WIBNIs to look at.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author ulrichd
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 23:21 
Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know. Here's hoping that it will make it into one of the next builds. Would certainly make the calibration that much more accurate.

I would argue that if one has probe matching set up that the measurement data sent to a 3rd party program is the probe matched data. If that's not desired, simply clear the probe match settings. I think LightSpace worked that way (if I'm not mistaken).

Best regards,
Ulrich

Author Steve

INF
Male
#5 | Posted: 30 Jan 2021 23:25 
LightSpace doesn't have Post-Profile probe matching...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /
 First 3rd party development using ColourSpace Remote Control

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0