Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /

Advanced LightSpace Operation

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author RollsRoyce
Mono
#16 | Posted: 25 Sep 2019 14:08 
I'm very happy about it as well. The display I tested it on is an older CRT RPTV paired with a Radiance. The TV itself has a native gamut that on the CIE diagram is wider Blue>Green and Blue>Red but narrower Green>Red than Rec. 709, so it's enough of a challenge that I would just normally calibrate it to itself using a 3D LUT to linearize it and call it a day. It wasn't until I did the full LUT concatenation that I saw the Red - Yellow - Green line really pulled back to the Rec 709 boundary. Green was unsaturated a bit, but there's nothing for that. Having said that, the separate 1D and 3D LUTs, while not controlling that area nearly as well, still pulled Red in until it hit its target circle and managed to get Green within the 709 gamut triangle (still unsaturated). Not bad considering this was done with a 1D LUT generated from a "Grey Only Large" profile and a 3D LUT generated from a short 11^3 profile. You can see differences when comparing post-calibration verification charts, of course, but they really aren't visible in regular content. I may check later using Ted's disk. All in all, I'd say it's a worthwhile addition to the LightSpace toolkit.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks / Advanced LightSpace Operation Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 316 [5 Feb 2020 22:54]
Guests - 316 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All rights reserved - Privacy Notice