| Forums | Polls | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
News, Gossip and Rumours Light Illusion Forums / News, Gossip and Rumours /   

Future of BasICColor and Discus?

Author garrett
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 10:10 
From what little I have been able to gather it seems BasICColor is closing its doors; anyone know if that is true? If so, I'm wondering what the future of the Discus colorimeter will be... I've been thinking about getting one as I think it's a nice step up from the i1D3 without having to jump up to a CR-100 or equivalent, but I don't want to buy something that will immediately become unsupported/EOL. It'd be a shame if it died off: it was a well-made probe for the price, and filled in that niche between $300 & $5,000 colorimeters nicely. With any luck Steve or the folks at FSI would be interested in picking it up... ;)

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 10:29 
While the software side of basICColor has closed, the hardware side is continuing.
However, the DISCUS has no 'sync' capabilities, which means its not actually ideal for display calibration, as you have to run a long integration times to get viable/stable readings.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author garrett
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 10:32 
Ah, good to know. Thanks Steve!

News, Gossip and Rumours Light Illusion Forums / News, Gossip and Rumours /
 Future of BasICColor and Discus?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0