| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Unable to find iDisplay3

Author zacreth
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 7 Feb 2017 03:51 
So at first I got the Xrite Pro Retail version and received the error that it was locked when running lightspace. I got the patch from Ted and installed it. Then I got the message today that there is an updated version and installed that after removing the old version and reinstalled the patch again.

So the problem I'm having is I keep getting the message if I want to connect the virtual probe. I unchecked the virtual probe and clicked on the iDisplay Pro and the iDisplay 1/2/LT and when going to the display characterization it still prompts if I want to connect the virtual probe.

For some reason I can't get it to recognize the probe when it's plugged in. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#2 | Posted: 7 Feb 2017 08:16 
Hi, try to uninstall LightSpace, delete the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light Illusion\LightSpace CMS

Re-install latest LightSpace, apply the patch using the instructions, and start LightSpace, activate your license, and then tick only i1Display PRO OEM from meter list.

Ted.

Author zacreth
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 8 Feb 2017 05:35 
Hey Ted,

Still the same issue after following the steps you outlined. When I have only the i1Display PRO OEM, i1Display 1/2/LT, or the i1Display Pro I still get the prompt if I want to connect to the virtual probe. I can't get it to recognize the probe that I have.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 8 Feb 2017 11:39 
That says the i1D3 is simply not being seen by the laptop...
Actually sounds like an issue not related to LightSpace?

steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author zacreth
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 8 Feb 2017 17:27 
Hey Steve,

Well if I go into settings and look at the connected devices it shows up as iDisplay3 and I can use the probe with the manufacture's software and works but the calibration is horrible since there's more controls than the settings the software provides so in the end result I have a severely red hue.

I have a rev3 model is that makes a difference...

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 8 Feb 2017 19:32 
There is no such thing as a Rev3 model.
Only the original, and RevB.
And the X-Rite software is for ICC calibration, so will not work with most professional film and TV systems.

But there is something very strange with your connection issue...

Unfortunately I have no idea what that is.
There are no other reports of any similar issues.

But, try deleting the X-Rite software, as that may be 'hogging' the probe?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author zacreth
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 9 Feb 2017 04:25 
Since I'm home and able to check it's Rev 2-B. I'll try to delete the X-Rite software and see if that helps.

Author zacreth
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 9 Feb 2017 04:30 
Aha. So what caused the issue was that I needed to remove the X-Rite Device Manager software that was installed. Once I removed that I was able to run the calibration interface and it asked if I wanted to connect to the i1Display Pro.

Finally!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#9 | Posted: 9 Feb 2017 12:28 
Ok, that does indeed mean the X-Rite software was hogging the probe...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Unable to find iDisplay3

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0