| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Tutorial for Newcomer for calibration EIZO monitor using ColorSpace

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author Steve

INF
Male
#46 | Posted: 1 Dec 2021 18:05 
Any 'slowness' in profiling is down to the signal path in use.
With a direct connection to Eizo, and using the internal TPG, the profiling will be faster than using resolve.
If it isn't, you have issues elsewhere... but impossible to guess where.

Also, there will no difference in 'stability' of ColourSpace when connected to any hardware/display.probe, or anything.
That just also shows you have something else 'wrong' in your setup somewhere - again, impossible to guess what that may be without actually being there.

Unfortunately, I can tell nothing from the screen grabs.
You will need to post the before profile, the LUT, and the verification profile.

However, the LUT Upload failure also shows you have issues somewhere outside of ColourSpace.
Probably a bad USB/Network connection?

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author grainpost
ZRO
#47 | Posted: 1 Dec 2021 18:17 
Hi Steve,

I'm using a brand new USB cable provided by Eizo, plugged in directly into the back of my workstation - although this is a Mac running Windows 10 through Bootcamp so this might be causing some issues with the USB driver.

I've got ColourNavigator running in the background (not open) - will terminate it when connecting to Eizo through ColourSpace for LUT upload and test if that improves the stability.

I'm running a 21^3 cube now and will post both profiles and the LUT once it finishes.

Author grainpost
ZRO
#48 | Posted: 2 Dec 2021 07:44 
Hi Steve,

I've successfully completed a 21^3 cube, which showed 99% within target gamut & 99% gamut coverage upon verification. This time the LUT uploaded without problems which seems to confirm that ColourNavigator running in the background was interfering with the connection.

I've attached precharacterisation & verification profile, together with the LUT - could you please advise if these look correct to you?

211202_cg247x.zip Attached file:
211202_cg247x.zip

Author Steve

INF
Male
#49 | Posted: 2 Dec 2021 12:32 
The 'Verification' is really too small to tell just how accurate the result is.
Really you need a volumetric profile (for example 10^3) so you can see the full gamut.
But, it looks kinda as expected.

However, the pre-calibration shows there was a large jump in the display colour temp during profiling.
The 'Drift' option in LUT Generation should manage that, but such a jump is never good.

Drift

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Tutorial for Newcomer for calibration EIZO monitor using ColorSpace

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 17 [20 Feb 2022 11:23]
Guests - 16 / Members - 1