| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#1 | Posted: 1 Jun 2014 01:39 | Edited by: ConnecTED 
LightSpace Features
Pre-Calibraton Tools Features

Hello LightSpace users, today I'm releasing a Free Version of my calibration disk.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version is a Lite Version of the Full Disk that works with the following public available free calibration software solutions from Light Illusion LightSpace DPS

The Free Version Download Link is including both format versions, Blu-Ray ISO and Media Files Version (MP4+MKV); This gives a wide device playback compatibility

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version Download Instructions:

Request a Free Download Link from here.

Required Free Calibration Software Download:

LightSpace DPS (Display Profiling System) Free Version Download Instructions:

1) Download LightSpace CMS Demo and Free license from here.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 4 Jun 2014 12:13 
This is a great disc - well done Ted.

Regardless of what calibration system you use, I highly recommend this to all users interested in the best possible calibration!

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#3 | Posted: 1 Oct 2014 20:41 
Note for OPPO Blu-Ray Player Users

Lately some OPPO Blu-Ray Players users have asked me about any compatibility / playback issues or my calibration disk with Blu-Ray Player models where the latest OPPO firmware have been installed.

As you probably know, OPPO has decided to not allow any Blu-Ray ISO or Blu-Ray Structure Folders playback from USB of their players that are running the latest firmware.

For current disk users or future disk users with OPPO players there is a small utility that modifies the Blu-Ray Folders and make possible the playback of the Blu-Ray ISO from the OPPO's USB.

Here you can download that small Utility: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/files/BDMV_Modify_1.4.rar

The modification of the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Version 1.1 Blu-Ray ISO using that tool has been tested so far with success and the playback from the USB works to the following models:

OPPO BDP-103
OPPO BDP-103D
OPPO BDP-105D

If someone want to test to a different model to see if it works, there an ISO of the Free (Lite) Version available to anyone that will request the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Free Version) Download Link from here: http://www.displaycalibrations.com/request_free_version_download.html

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#4 | Posted: 18 Oct 2014 18:34 
<a href="https://www.avproalliance.com/AVLab_TPG_2-Top%5B1%5D.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> Piccy</a>

DVDO's AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator has added a new and very useful feature that is called 'Color Checker'. Using that feature it can display digital value for selected pixel from it's HDMI Input.

<a href="http://personalizedstitches.com/image/color%20checker%20picture.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> piccy</a>

Here is an example, the 8dr means "8 bit, decimal, RGB" then the values are the RGB values of the pixel that the cursor is pointing to.

Pressing the left/right TPG buttons changes decimal to hex. It will read RGB/YC, 8/10/12 bit values.
"Cursor" is moveable around the screen using DVDO's remote.

A professional calibrator from using <a href="http://www.displaycalibrations.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk</a> has tested yesterday the accuracy of the encoded chapters of the disk using that AVLab TPG's color checker function.

He measured 100% Saturation and 100% Luminance RGBCMY Patterns, Color Checker patterns and Near-Black Patterns of the Calman section of the disk.

He found that the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk has been encoded properly and every single bit is on it's reference position.

Below you can find his results:

<a href="http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img674/7792/mJ7IT4.png" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> piccy</a>

This means that Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk can be used from DVDO's AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator users as a reference and now they can able to check any Blu-Ray Player / Media Player Output accuracy and detect digital errors that wrong player settings can introduce.

Mede8er MED800x3D and eGreat R6S Media Players used as a source for that test. Both made no digital errors on HDMI output.

<a href="http://hdtvpolska.com/topic/33747-pomiary-cyfrowych-bledow-video-w-odtwarzaczach-blu-ray-i-amplitunerach-od-dzis-na-portalu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Here is the link</a> of the full review and procedure details that the professional calibrator from Poland has used for this test.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#5 | Posted: 21 Mar 2015 10:59 
Disk Media Change for Disk Copy of Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

Since October 2013 Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Versions 1.0/1.1 were using Blu-Ray Disk Media from JVC Taiyo Yuden (for Professional Use) WaterShield - Glossy White Inkjet Printable BD-25GB (LTH Type) Single Layer Disc. (Made In Japan).

That type of disk now has been discontinued by JVC Taiyo Yuden and there is not available any stock anymore.

From now, it will be used the JVC Taiyo Yuden (for Professional Use) - Matt White Inkjet Printable BD-25GB (LTH Type) Single Layer Disc. (Made In Japan)

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#6 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 11:14 
DVDO's AVLab TPG 4K Reference Pattern Generator with firmware 01.03.769 has added a very useful feature that is called 'Color Checker'. Using that feature it can provide real-time analysis of digital value for selected pixel from it's HDMI Input.

piccy

Here is an example, the 8dr means "8 bit, decimal, RGB" then the values are the RGB values of the pixel that the cursor is pointing to.

Professional & Enthusiast calibrators has find this feature very valuable, to check the accuracy of any player output, testing various colorspace output options etc. using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a reference to detect digital errors that wrong player settings can introduce.

To help them out checking some patterns of my calibration disk, I will start by giving out the 8bit RGB Triplets of some Color Reproductions Patterns to help them reduce the time it will be required for this test.

I will start with the RGB Triplets of the Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern, others will follow soon.

Here is a small preview of the Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern with RGB Triplets per color:

Piccy

Here is a zoomed version:

Piccy

Because the RGB Triplets are looking very small in a 1920x1080 picture, I have re-designed it at 3840x2160 resolution, you can download it from here: Advanced Black & White Flashing Bars Pattern (2160p)

The issue I has thinking about was how to accurately calculate the dE between two RGB Triplet values, to evaluate any digital error.

Piccy

You can use that ''Color Format Converter and ΔE Analysis'' Excel Spreadsheet from here. Thanks to Tom Huffman for this tool.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#7 | Posted: 24 Apr 2015 19:28 
HDTVtest

HDTVtest.co.uk UK's leading HDTV news & review website has start using Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a reference to analyze any Blu-Ray HDMI Output signal for digital errors @ bit level using DVDO's AVLab TPG Signal Generator.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#8 | Posted: 20 May 2015 19:39 
Send New Pattern Ideas Form

I have start making plans for the next version of my calibration disk. The release date is unknown.

The idea is to add as many patterns color reproduction patterns as possible, the ones that I have missed until now.

For example I want to add Color Space Evaluation Patterns, 2:35.1 patterns for projector users among with some focus/alignment of projector patterns also.

I will add videos for Plasma users, I'm thinking for Scrolling White Bars like the ones Panasonic or Pioneer Plasmas, Full Field Slides for panel-burn, Random Noise videos, Fast Flashing of Black/White video, Local Dimming Zones Identifier Chapter...Panel Warmup Chapter...

If you have any idea I will be pleased to discuss it with you.

You can send me your pattern ideas and I will try to include them to the next release of the disk.

If you have picture examples you can upload them using the multiple file uploader tool that is available to the webpage form.

By posting your ideas to that form, it will help me managing all your possible ideas.

You can send your ideas here: Send New Pattern Ideas Form

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#9 | Posted: 23 Jun 2021 10:20 | Edited by: ConnecTED 
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Patchsets for ColourSpace / ColourSpaceZRO Users

They are available patchlists for Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Blu-Ray Copy / Blu-Ray ISO / Media Files / PGenerator ISO) for users to able to measure all the CalMAN 5 Chapters available to the disk.

These patchsets provide the capability of ColourSpace users to perform manual calibration or verify the performance of their display/projector using Ted's Calibration Disk.

It will provide the capability for the users to compare different meter settings of their i1Display PRO (or other meters) or compare how each meter is working between ColourSpace / Calman (low-light, measuring speed, or repeatability).

That meter/results comparison can be performed from HCFR users using that method.

Instructions

Ted's Patchlists for ColorSpace use Video LEGAL (16-235) or Video EXTENDED (16-255) RGB-Triplets.

Please set Patch Scale LEGAL (16-235) @ ColourSpace Settings window for bit-perfect patch generation and color target calculation.

NOTE: For Dynamic Range (Clipping with Peak) patchset, please set your Patch Scale EXTENDED (16-255) @ ColourSpace Settings.

Patchscale 16-235 = LEGAL
Patchscale 16-255 = EXTENDED

PGenerator users can tick the 'Auto Advance' for ColourSpace to measure at once a specific patchset.

Download Link

Customers of Blu-Ray Copy / Blu-Ray ISO / Media Files or PGenerator ISO can request a download link here.

NOTE: The download link for these patchsets is already available for PGenerator ISO users to the email with the download instructions of their order, and it will not require sending a request for a download link. send a request for download.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#10 | Posted: 24 Jun 2021 00:38 | Edited by: ConnecTED 
NOTE for ColourSpace/ColourSpace ZRO users of Ted's Calibration Disk (Blu-Ray Copy / Blu-Ray ISO / Media Files / PGenerator ISO)

The latest patchlists to work accurately with current ColorSpace (1.0.0.1149) released in February 2021 with file name:

''Ted's Patchlists for ColourSpace (require CS 1.0.0.885 or newer).zip'' (is including LEGAL patchsets)

''Ted's Patchlists for ColourSpace (February 2021).zip'' (is including LEGAL patchsets, and FULL for PC / Resolve iTPG users)

If you don't have that specific zip, then contact me to send you a download link.

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0