| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Newb questions on where to start with Lightspace and LUT calibration??

Author choope
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 16 Mar 2018 03:24 
Hello all new member here,

I have used ColorHCFR and X-rite/Spyder products in the past to get fairly accurate "manual calibrations" within the CMS of my TVs and have been researching due to all the new advancements in TV's e.g. OLEDs, HDR, etc. how to get the best possible calibration since I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. General consensus seems to be that LUTs will yield the best possible calibration. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin regarding them. For example:
1. Without breaking the bank, what are the recommended LUTs for home use on LG OLEDs and UHD tv's (i see eecolor pop up a lot...) and will they work with Xbox One X's since I use that primarily as my media resource center?
2. Would the Home enthusiast version of lightspace suffice for my needs? I have been tinkering around with the DPS version of Lightspace to get a feel for it as well as Ted's free cal disk (I also have the avs hd and r. masciolas STD and UHD patterns as well).
3. Do I need anything other than a computer, software, lut, cal disk, meter (I'm using an X-rite I3Display), and display to perform a LUT calibration?
4. And lastly, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but do LUTs get loaded with the calibration and stay plugged into the display behind the device that is broadcasting the media e.g. xbox?

Sorry for all the questions, I have dug through what seems like thousands of forums and can't seem to find what I'm looking for so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 16 Mar 2018 07:41 
You would need a LUT box capable of working with HDR resolutions.
The only suitable LUT box for home use is the Lumagen.
With that LightSpace HTL would work fine with your i1D3 probe.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Newb questions on where to start with Lightspace and LUT calibration??

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0