We have successfully created a working 3D LUT inside Lightspace for our NEC PA243W monitor, the problem we have now is uploading that 3D LUT to the monitor. We tried using the upload feature in Lightspace, following the steps of NEC monitor guide page on Light illusions, but that has caused more errors.
- Firstly we connected the windows machine to the NEC PA243W display via USB and HDMI
- Then we opened up LightSpace on the windows machine
- We then opened the OSD on the NEC PA243W and selected the picture mode we wanted to overwrite with the new settings
- On LightSpace we navigated to File then Upload and selected NEC in the 'Select the device type' drop down window
- LightSpace would then freeze for 5 seconds, then pops up with the error message 'Failed to set NEC monitor index Failed setPicurePreset, NEC VCPSetGet error'.
- We then clicked ok on the error message window, then all the options in the upload window became greyed out apart from 'NULL Cube'
- When we ticked 'NULL Cube' and click upload we got another error 'Failed to set NEC monitor index Invalid NEC interface idx'
There are no other options to try after doing this all the options become greyed out. Are there any other steps we should be taking? And what do these error messages mean?