| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

LG White Balance Pre-Calibration using Service Menu

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author jreeder
ZRO
Male
#16 | Posted: 16 May 2021 02:21 
If my "COOL" preset in service menu has a factory setting of Red Gain = 171, should I change Red to 192 and adjust Green & Blue, or do I leave Read as is? I got the impression that I shouldn't touch red.
Thanks.

Author Light Illusion

Male
#17 | Posted: 16 May 2021 08:18 
You've not actually described what you are calibrating to (the target), and what the error is with the LG?
What you adjust will depend on the error you are correcting.
You must include the Luma in the correction, as well as the colour.

It's worth reading the Manual Calibration Guide.

Steve

Author jreeder
ZRO
Male
#18 | Posted: 16 May 2021 21:23 
I'm just doing the pre-cal to prep for a 3dlut according to the opening post. The current white balance in the "service menu" for the cool setting reads at 12800K and I want to bring it to the suggested 110000K. I could easily raise red, but I got the impression from the opening post that I should not adjust red in this service menu setting. It also says to to keep the Red Gain @ 192 (to keep max dynamic range), and that's why I ask if I should change the default setting to 192 instead of what it's at now, and then adjust blue and green to get the right white balance for the cool preset.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#19 | Posted: 16 May 2021 23:10 
Hi,

ColourSpace or LightSpace doesn't have a color temp in Kelvin because it's useless information.

The specific coordinates of the target colorspace you are using are your target, the D65 of REC.709, for example, not 11000K.

Keep Red and 192 and reduce the other two channels to reach D65 for your target colorspace (x0.3127 y0.3290).

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LG White Balance Pre-Calibration using Service Menu

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 1 [ Omardris ]
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0