Calibrating a new LG 32EP950-B for SDR/REC-709/2.4/100 nits, using ColourSpace LTE.
I'm having difficulty reaching the peak white level of 100 nits post-calibration. Here is my process:
- Reset monitor to "initial settings", verified firmware remained at 3.20
- Put monitor into "calibration mode", full range
- Set brightness to "20", which put peak white (255) at around 110 nits (Measured headroom to account for white balance shift).
- Profiled 32EP950-B display with a Grey Ramp RGB using i1d3 OEM (no Probe match, as I am simply trying to achieve proper peak white during verification after 3D LUT)
- Create 3D LUT, load and verify again using same settings/Grey Ramp RGB
- No Blackmagic test pattern or gear involved -- both the profile and verification utilized only the internal LG TPG.
Results: in spite of setting 255 target at 100 nits, and measured pre-cal peak white at 110, post-cal level is 85 nits. I initially used the BMD and Assimilate TPGs, but results were the same, hence using the LG TPG and trying to rule out anything in my signal chain.
Pre-cal, post-cal, and 3D LUT attached as zipped file. Appreciate any guidance!