| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Is it possible to calibrate Windows HDR mode with Colourspace and i1 display pro and how?

Author getupbuzz
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 25 Dec 2022 03:32 
Calibrate Windows HDR mode.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 25 Dec 2022 13:29 
Windows uses ICC, and ColourSpace alone cannot generate ICCs.
SpaceMan is used to generate ICCs from ColourSpace 3D LUTs.

As for how Windows HDR is actually controlled by ICCs, and therefore what can actually be calibrated... no idea.
We have not yet looked into the limitations/possibilities, as it is presently a moving target, with severely limited capabilities.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 26 Dec 2022 12:08 
Actually, for wided gamut and HDR, Windows is moving away from ICC profiles, so it really is presently unknown what is possible...

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wcs/advanced-color-icc-profiles

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author stuart_p
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 28 Dec 2022 01:23 
Actually I think you could try this - https://github.com/ledoge/dwm_lut . I have used this for SDR with Colourspace and it works extremely well. I have only used it for rec709 but if you had a wide gamut monitor you could profile with CSpace, and create 3D luts very easily for Rec709. AdobeRGB, DCIP3 etc and depending on your useage you can simply select the CSpace you want to use. It also has a HDR function as well but I have not tried this so cannot offer an opinion, but if you can get your monitor into HDR mode and use CSpace you should be able to create a lut, depending of course on the capability of the display. It would be under similar constraints such as with LG WOLEDS but I think it would work. The good thing about using this is that all the media players, image viewers, browsers are calibrated with the 3D lut. You would want to disable icc profiles though.
Give it a try and let us know.

All the best for the New Year as well!

Stuart

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Is it possible to calibrate Windows HDR mode with Colourspace and i1 display pro and how?

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0