| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Is Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro a safe buy to use with Colourspace LTE?

Author Kleftys
ZRO
Male
#1 | Posted: 23 Dec 2022 17:02 
I am looking to buy the Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro and I was wondering if it's firmware locked and if it will work with Colourspace. Thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 23 Dec 2022 17:36 
All Non-OEM versions of the X-Rite i1Display Pro are in some way 'locked' by X-Rite.

We do not agree with this, nor understand X-Rite's thinking/reasons for this, but we also have no control over it.

As search of these forums will show further discussions on the subject.

For example:
https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/display-calibration-8/i1display-pro-i1d3-retail-other-non-oem-versions-connection-error-275.html
and
https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/display-calibration-8/x-rite-i1display-pro-i1d3-its-various-versions-including-retail-752.html

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Kleftys
ZRO
Male
#3 | Posted: 23 Dec 2022 18:10 
Steve:
X-Rite i1Display Pro

It's a bummer if it is not supported, cause its pretty hard to find one on reasonably priced here in EU (Greece), just for a scale I can find the Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro as low as 180€ VAT excl. from Amazon.de and listed here the X-Rite i1Display Pro is listed for 300 quid about 340€, for essentially the same sensor (?) firmware locks apart.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 23 Dec 2022 18:16 
Unfortunately, as said, we do not agree with X-Rite's approach to locking different firmware versions of the same probe - but we have no control over it.

Please see the "X-Rite i1Display Pro Confusion" link on the main ColourSpace pages of the website, as well as the i1Display Pro OEM page.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Is Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro a safe buy to use with Colourspace LTE?

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0