| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

i1 Display Pro: specific OEM version?

Author Ralph
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 19 Dec 2013 15:09 
Hi! I'd like to buy an i1 Display Pro and I know that it has to be an OEM version to use it with LightSpace, but does it matter which OEM version it is? Would for instance the Eizo branded OEM version work?

Thanks,
Ralph

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 10:03 
Unfortunately, if the probe is 'Branded' it is not the standard OEM version, and will be locked to that manufacturer's system.

Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Ralph
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 14:47 
Hi Steve,

thanks for your answer. No good news, but at least a clarification. Do you know if the standard OEM version would also work with Eizo's calibration software? I'd like to buy the most versatile version of the probe.

Thanks,
Ralph

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 20 Dec 2013 14:59 
I can't comment on the Eizo software as we are not responsible for it, but in theory the standard OEM probe 'should' work with any 3rd party software.
It's possible Eizo have restricted their software to work only with their version of the probe, but I do not know that...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author marts
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2014 14:35 
So does it mean that when I already have the i1Display Pro X-rite standard retail version this one is not supported by LightSpace? (or not supported by LightSpace HCL?)

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2014 14:41 | Edited by: Steve 
That is correct.
It's an X-Rite license limitation.

However, as you already have the Retail version of the probe please talk to Ted at www.displaycalibrations.com for further information.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author noodles73
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 22 Jan 2014 23:45 
Hi,
I have the Eizo meter and it is working with LS. There is no Eizo label or printing on the meter and the label attached to the counterweight shows "EODIS3-OEM".

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 23 Jan 2014 02:31 | Edited by: Steve 
That's good - if the label on the probe says "EODIS3-OEM" it is the general OEM device.

Steve Shaw

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 i1 Display Pro: specific OEM version?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0