| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

eeColor Box Clipping Black levels

Author Oliver Wolff
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 23 May 2013 08:50 
Hi There.

New to the forum, and have some problems with our new eeColorbox. Here is my setup:

Resolve - BMD 4k Extreme - AJA HI5-3GS - EEColor Box - JVC RS25 Projector.

Everything is set to data level.

After we have downloaded the "Unity" and ticked both "eeColor 3D tables" and "Calibration Tables", I look at the "BrightnessCal.tif" image and the 7 top left boxes getting clipped when we turn on the eeColor box. I have tried turning on and off the "Software" in the eeColor Box, and the clipping happens only when it is turned on. If i remove the box from the "chain" and view my output straight from the AJA HI5 3G it looks the same as with the eeColor Box software turned off.

So I tried to generate a new NULL LUT from lightspace, encase the unity LUT from lightspace was corrupt and uploaded it to the box. Same issues.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 24 May 2013 10:50 
Hi Oliver - as per our e-mails I am bringing eeColor into our discussion to see if we can isolate what is happening.

As we have discussed, this is not normal/expected operation.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Nepomuk
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 14 Jul 2017 08:59 
Hi All,

I have a similar issue and setup: Resolve -> BMD mini monitor 4k via HDMI -> eecolor via HDMI -> cg247x hdmi input. I see the first top row 4 patches clipped with the unity lut and 7 clipped when I load the calibration-LUT in either Resolve or the box, which I created with lighspace quick profiling and the LUT-box switched to LUT-off. LUT-off shows all but the very darkest patch, same as if I connect the display as a desktop. Gamma is 2.2 and I am going for a 709 2.2 calibration. The pre-cal measurement show a perfect gamma, doing quick profile.

I would appreciate any help.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 14 Jul 2017 09:34 
If I remember correctly you need to replace the 'other' (2nd) 1D LUTs in the eeColor with new bypass LUTs.
LightSpace will generate those for you.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Nepomuk
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 14 Jul 2017 10:27 | Edited by: Nepomuk 
Thanks Steve, I have the old quick profiling license of LightSpace, so I am not allowed to do the 'Edit/LUT Manipulation/Prepend/1023->64-940'. I tried just creating a "new" file in LS and exported to this 2nd LUTs, like you describe on your website, to see if that would be a unity LUT, but it also crushed the image.

I would be happy to load the LUT in Resolve without the box or having the box LUTs off, but it crushes the image. Can you think of a reason? Something is going wrong with my calibration I assume.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 14 Jul 2017 10:41 
I do not think you need any LUT manipulation.
You need to just export a Unity LUT in the 2nd 1D LUT format, or the 1st 1D, or both...
Basically, replace them all...

See: http://www.lightillusion.com/eecolor_manual.html
The section on 'REPLACING THE 1D LUTS'.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Nepomuk
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 16 Jul 2017 18:50 
Thank you. Replacing the "1." LUT as well helped. Why they are shipping their device messed up is really confusing. Hope you get some percentages.

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 eeColor Box Clipping Black levels

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0