| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics | File Bank | 
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

drift targets and other tips for projection profiling?

Author blasetheodore
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 19 Jul 2017 00:48 
Hi Steve,

After looking through the user guides and the forums, I'm still looking to improve my profiling for projectors. What drift target # do you suggest?

And aside from enabling isometric patches, any other tips for the profile itself?

(Currently profiling a JVCRS500U with a K10a matched to offsets from an i1Pro2).

Thanks!

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 19 Jul 2017 07:46 
Drift will be different for different displays, as it needs to 'match' the cyclical instability of the display/probe combination during profiling.
But, if the display is just unstable, with random variations, it will make no difference!
And JVC D-ILA projectors are basically unstable...

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author blasetheodore
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 19 Jul 2017 14:02 
Understood. So then what is a best approach for D-ILA calibration?

My first thought was a 21pt cube with no drift. And then use the LUT filters to even out jitter. Any other ideas to consider?

Author Omardris
ZRO
#4 | Posted: 20 Jul 2017 07:16 
He,
I use with my Sony VW1100ES either 17x3 or "bcc17tub65-3", respectively with drift = 30. The difference whether I use drift patches or not, is very low. I always leave the projector warm for an hour before the measurement. The room is completely dark, all the LEDs are covered and I use the TeamView program to remote control the covered laptop from another room. So I can see the status of the measurement without having to enter the room. (Measurements with K-10A and Radiance Pro)
My experience with projectors is that the duration of the measurement should not exceed 1 to 2 hours. Projectors are like cats: they are self-willed and suddenly do quite unexpected things.
Peter

Author blasetheodore
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 23 Jul 2017 18:08 
Omardris
Thanks Peter. What are you referring to with " either 17x3 or "bcc17tub65-3" " I don't understand.

Yes I tried 18pt and 21pt calibrations with 0, 10, and 100 drift and found no real difference. All experienced occasional random bad patches which I had to iron out with the LUT filters, but ended comparably.

I will adopt your 1-2hr rule, that makes sense thanks!

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 drift targets and other tips for projection profiling?

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 22 [12 Jul 2022 20:37]
Guests - 21 / Members - 1