ColourSpace ZRO

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#1 | Posted: 6 Dec 2020 11:24 | Edited by: Steve 
Coming Soon!
ColourSpace ZRO

ColourSpace ZRO will enable Manual Display Calibration and Verification, with X-Rite and Datacolor probe support, in-built direct HDMI TPG, and PGenerator, using standard 2D graphs.
ColourSpace ZRO is now available to all users, including commercial business use.
(ColourSpace DPS is an alternative, with more capabilities.)

Uniquely, Preset Patch Lists are supported, so dedicated manufacture CMS specific patch sets can be matched via simple .csv triplet information.

Preset Patch List

Each patch can be selected directly from the visual GUI list, for manual measurements, and/or automated profiling.

Preset Patch Set

A dedicated User Guide will be generated, but the existing Manual Measure guide gives an idea as to what will be possible.
https://www.lightillusion.com/manual_calibration_guide.html
(References to 3D Graphs, Characterisation and LUT Tools menus, are not available with ColourSpace ZRO.)

Steve

ColourSpace ZRO
ColourSpace ZRO
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 7 Dec 2020 14:29 | Edited by: Steve 
We are not too far away from the first 'Beta' release of ColourSpace ZRO.
The initial Beta will be a limited release, so we can gain feedback from users, and make any necessary changes, before doing a wider release.

We are therefore interested in hearing from potential ZRO users, that are not already ColourSpace owners.

If you are interested in gaining access to the first Beta release, please let us know via the Beta Program request from.
(In the LightSpace/ColourSpace invoice number box, enter ZRO Beta Request)

When making the request, please explain what your existing calibration experience is, and what software you presently use.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 9 Dec 2020 22:50 
We have added a first cut of a User Guide for ColourSpace ZRO to the website.

https://www.lightillusion.com/guides.html

See the ColourSpace ZRO guide there.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 13 Dec 2020 13:26 
The ZRO Beta Program is now live.
We will post feedback here, as well as any ZRO Beta users making their own posts.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author dcchan2
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 16 Dec 2020 16:58 
There doesn't seem to be an option to sign in, unless one is actually ready to immediately post a message at that very moment. Is that intended?
(I was trying to attach a screenshot, but that doesn't seem to be possible).

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:59 | Edited by: Steve 
You cannot sign- in unless you have signed-up first.

Then you can sign-in any time, regardless of making a post or not.

And screen grabs can be added via the 'Attach file(s)' option, or via the separate ' Upload' icon/button (the Up Arrow icon).

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 18 Dec 2020 22:03 | Edited by: RickD_99 
Have any beta testers noticed an issue with the abort button not functioning while the program is taking measurements? I noticed this today while testing the probe matching function within CS ZRO (I've reported this to Ted as well)...

Other than the above the beta version I've been testing (1.0.0.828) has been rock solid. All functions seem to be working well on my Windows 10 setup. Pretty amazing functionality considering it's a free program!

Author RickD_99
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 19 Dec 2020 00:06 
Forget the post above as Ted just informed me that the software can't stop the meter from measuring while the measurements are taking place...

Author Steve

INF
Male
#9 | Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:20 
Yeah, a probe can't be told to stop a reading while in the middle of one.

It will Abort as soon as the reading finishes.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#10 | Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:48 
Another great review from one of our ZRO Beta Testers:

"Just wanted to chime in on my impressions of the ZRO beta so far:

Equipment: LG Gram 15" laptop/Windows 10 home version 2004

TPG: Raspberry Pi PGenerator (REV.1) with Ted's Disk CMS Calibration Disk version

TPG attached to LG Gram laptop via an Anker ethernet to USB adapter

i1D3 colorimeter

I initially had trouble getting ColourSpace to connect to my RaspPi TPG. Further investigation revealed that it was my Windows firewall setting that was blocking the connection so after turning off the firewall (of course also turning off my laptop's WiFi for safety's sake) I had no trouble connecting to the TPG and the connection remained rock solid for the 2 hours I spent evaluating the software.

I tested all available functions of the ColourSpace ZRO beta software and everything worked exactly as expected (no Windows error messages during the entire calibration session). I especially love the built in patch sliders that allow one to generate custom patches on the fly. I also can't overemphasize how awesome it is to have a version of the PGenerator OS that incorporates Ted's Disk patterns. As expected the interaction between the displayed Ted's Disk patterns and the ColourSpace generated patches was seamless with no issues observed at all. I have not yet tested the probe matching function (I also have a i1Pro1 spectro in addition to my i1D3) so I will test that and report the results afterwards."

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#11 | Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:59 
And more ColourSpace ZRO feedback:

"I had heard a lot of great stuff about LightSpace after I'd been using HCFR for a couple of weeks and I therefore downloaded the ZRO version to try it out and was immediately intimidated by the vast array of different menus and buttons. I tried to figure it out, but it was confusing and the learning curve was so steep that I just abandonded those plans and went crawling back to HCFR. I downloaded the ColourSpace ZRO Beta a couple of hours ago and the menu is so much easier and just overall aesthetically pleasing.

When I started "Calibration Interface" in LightSpace ZRO I was met with quite a small amount of choices in the sidebar. In HCFR, if I wanted to focus on, for example, the Gamma, I clicked the button for Gamma and could start the measurements right then and there. None of those buttons were there in LightSpace ZRO and they didn't show up until after I had finished profiling my display, which I didn't figure out how to do until a couple hours later. There was no way for me to stay in one tab, because as soon as I started profiling again, all those options I had in the sidebar disappeared and I was left with only two of them.

In ColourSpace ZRO on the other hand, I had access to everything before I even connected my meter. What I find great about it is that the icons are pictures and if you hover over them you can see a text telling you what they are, which made it much easier for me, as opposed to LightSpace where it was all text and no pictures. Once I'm done profiling, I can go to whichever graph I feel like, but as opposed to LightSpace ZRO, I can actually stay there, and even move between graphs when I'm in the middle of measuring. This is also one of the things that kept me in HCFR: Not being kicked out of the graph I'm in and having to click all the way back once profiling was complete.

I've only spent three hours on this software (where the first three quarters was just letting the meter and display warm up), but thanks to the online guides it was so much easier than I'd ever imagined. LightSpace was too difficult for me, and with HCFR I had to try out the options again and again to find what I was looking for, or post my question in a forum, hoping someone knew the answer (or even bothered to reply)

Another thing I'd like to praise you for is in the ColourSpace ZRO guide. This is what it says right below the 6-steps of Manual Calibration:

"For example, the black & white levels will need to be re-verified after the best Picture Mode has been found - but you really need to set the black and white levels before evaluating the display's different Picture Modes, as incorrect black & white levels will make any Picture Mode look wrong..."

I usually just jumped straight to "Movie"-mode as it was what everyone on the forum was saying was the best and what I should go for. With that text and this software, I was able to test for myself and verify if "Movie" mode actually was the best choice for my display or not. Luckily it was.

I have also sent in two bug reports and requested a feature through the website. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a beta tester."

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#12 | Posted: 31 Dec 2020 16:55 
And yet more feedback from another of the Beta Testers:

The interface is really nice and clean-looking, it's easy to find what I'm looking for, and most of all, understand what I'm looking at, the different diagrams and so on, and the patches help a lot as opposed to sliders which I'm used to from other softwares.

I don't really have anything to critique you on. Well done with the software and a happy new year to you!
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#13 | Posted: 31 Dec 2020 17:00 
And from another Beta Tester:

First of all congratulate for this amazing sw.
I think the sw is well made and well designed, functioning really well.

Maybe the learning period is bit longer against rival software. Maybe it is only true for me because I use other sws for a long time.

· really fast measurements and the overal speed of the whole sw: I think the sw speed is much much much more faster than rival sws.
· csv based "workflows"
· Fully customizable patch generation
· Point info view
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#14 | Posted: 4 Jan 2021 16:32 
ColourSpace ZRO is now available on wide release.

Please use the Access Form on the ColourSpace ZRO page of the website to apply for access.
(As stated on the website page, not all access requests will be granted.)

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Steve

INF
Male
#15 | Posted: 6 Jan 2021 17:02 
A new ColourSpace ZRO release has just been made.
It can be downloaded as normal.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace ZRO

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0