| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics | File Bank | 
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 00:03 
I'm having a serious issue with ColourSpace and Resolve Studio 18.0.1.

When I perform a profile of my Eizo monitor using Network Server and my i1 Display Pro OEM probe, it seems to be skipping patches altogether. This has never happened before with my current settings. I'm also using an i1 Pro 3 for probe matching, and the i1 Pro 3 seems to be catching all of the patches when I do a volumetric match.

I'm a bit lost here. My i1 Display Pro OEM also seems to perform appropriately when I connect to the TPG of the Eizo monitor instead of going through Resolve.

Thoughts?

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#2 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 00:04 
Let me know what other information (settings, graphs, etc) you would also like to see to help diagnose the problem and I will collect that information.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#3 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 08:58 
Is Resolve stuttering during playback?
Have you set enough Extra Delay?
(For both the above, compare the pop-out floating patch window in ColourSpace with the patch being displayed on Resolve.)

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#4 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 15:08 
Use 0.75 extra delay with Resolve's iTPG.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 20:32 
I set the extra delay to .75 as recommended (which is what I usually do), but this time I reduced my timeline resolution down to 2K from 4K--didn't realize I had switched the timeline to 4K.

I ran a 64-patch cube profile and made a rec709 LUT from that, and the results are what I would expect. Could it be that the resolution of the Resolve timeline was causing the issue?

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#6 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 20:32 
I'm going to run large cube profile next to make sure it is working as expected.

Author Light Illusion

Male
#7 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 20:35 
Sounds like your Resolve system cannot playback 4K reliably, and was likely stuttering/stalling/freezing.

Steve

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#8 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 20:44 
Makes sense. The CIE xy chart shows all patch points now, so it seems we're back to normal in terms of calibration. Thanks guys!

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#9 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 22:40 
Last Question: My calibration seems to be pulling my white point towards red (white patch on the Eizo looks visibly pink), and I've never seen it behave this way on previous calibrations. Not sure what's happening between the creation of the LUT and upload to the monitor's CAL slot.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#10 | Posted: 31 Aug 2022 22:51 
This is how the monitor appears at .3 nits AFTER the uploading of the calibration LUT...very confused by this behavior.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#11 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 01:49 
Here are some other bizarre results I'm getting: the LUT generation looks incredibly messy in the low end (this particular display has NEVER behaved like this before), and I'm using Peak Chroma and Normal Range for processing. Frankly, I'm completely lost about what might be going wrong here.

Author Light Illusion

Male
#12 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 08:05 
That just means the profile the LUT is being made from has bad measurements.

You need to focus on why the profile measurements are bad...

Steve

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#13 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 12:08 
It looks like you still have issues with the patch generator.

Post pictures of your CS: Settings / Probe Options / Graph, export, and upload the profile BCS file. (send it with https://wetransfer.com/)

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#14 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 15:33 
Copy that, I'll get all of that sent over later today. Very curious to hear what you see.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#15 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 17:24 
Side note, I wasn't aware of this issue with using Resolve as a TPG: "Resolve is not recommended as a TPG due to being limited to 8 bit, lack of BG colour & Patch Position capability." Which TPG should I be using instead?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 22 [12 Jul 2022 20:37]
Guests - 21 / Members - 1