| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics | File Bank | 
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#46 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 14:21 
Ran a cube-based profile again with the Eizo monitor as the TPG, and I got results that look correct with appropriate min and max luma levels. After uploading the LUT to CAL slot and verifying, the monitor seems to be showing appropriate color and luma values. I'll get in contact with BMD about this.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#47 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 14:36 
That proves the issue is with Resolve not playing the TPG patches in real-time, or at least a larger Extra Delay is required.
But, requiring something over a second for Extra Delay really suggests a real-time playback issue, which cannot easily be corrected with Extra Delay.
Do you have any nodes in the time line performing any processing?
(The Resolve timeline should not be empty, but should not have any image processing nodes.)

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#48 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 14:58 
Right. So regarding playback, I ran the profile a number of different ways--originally I was on a timeline with too large a resolution by mistake (individual timeline was set to 4K while Master Settings were at 1080). I then switched to a smaller resolution, but I had nodes with corrections on the playhead clip. So then I eliminated any grades from the clips (leaving one node without any corrections). Should I have had ZERO nodes altogether?

Normally I can run as many as twenty nodes with corrections, including temporal noise reduction and other OFX plugins, at 2K and still achieve real-time playback at 23.976.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#49 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 17:22 
J_Coy
CS Patchscale FULL for Resolve, and then you define levels (full or video) from Resolve Settings.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#50 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 17:29 
Uninstall ColourSpace.

Delete the config.ini file:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/post-60865546

Install the latest ColourSpace.

Create a new project in Resolve, 2160p24, create a new timeline, connect TPG, and re-test.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#51 | Posted: 3 Sep 2022 15:19 
Can't download latest ColourSpace software--I've had this problem on the website numerous times. My login information seems invalid on the Customer Downloads page. I have an invoice for the purchase of CS LTE.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#52 | Posted: 3 Sep 2022 23:01 

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#53 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 19:49 
Hi guys,

I've updated to the Sept 4th 2022 update of ColourSpace LTE (1491, I believe). I am still having issues with patches being skipped when using Network Server for connecting a TPG to either my Eizo monitor or my iPad Pro via LightSpace Connect. I have added more time to the "Integration Time (seconds)" option, but I don't see "Extra Delay" anywhere in the interface and also didn't see it anywhere in my previous version (1452).

I deactivated the license, uninstalled 1452, restarted PC, deleted the config.ini file, restarted, installed 1491, re-activated the license, and then tried to profile both monitors via Network Server and Resolve/LS Connect.

I'm also using a 1920x1080 timeline in Resolve with a BMD BRaw clip, zero nodes/adjustments being used. Totally raw clip, running from a drive that can handle 800MB/s read/write.

Thoughts?

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#54 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 19:54 
Update: I bumped the Integration Time to 2.0 to profile the iPad, and so far it seems to be reading every patch sent over the network.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#55 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 19:54 
As has been mentioned a number of times, you need to use Extra Delay.
It is located in the Probes menu, as per the info in the various User Guides.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#56 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 19:57 
Don't see it here. What am I missing? Different sync mode? Max exposure time is always grayed out.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#57 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 19:59 
It is right there, where is says Extra Delay...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#58 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 20:00 
Welp, embarrassed that I missed that. Used to seeing it over on the side with Integration Time.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#59 | Posted: 4 Sep 2022 20:07 
Extra delay fixed the problem. Reading all patches now. I had been adding time to the Integration Time by mistake. Still surprised that I missed it...I never really look down at that part of the interface, I guess.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#60 | Posted: 5 Sep 2022 09:52 
Great all is now working!

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 22 [12 Jul 2022 20:37]
Guests - 21 / Members - 1