| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics | File Bank | 
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#16 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 18:18 
There is no problem using iTPG of Resolve.

The output is 10-bit, and the patchlists are 8-bit.

So you send 8-bit values, and Resolve will output from your BMD card 10 or 12-bit.

It's not any problem using that, but it will be better if BMD can upgrade the TPG API to support 10-bit.

Send an email to BMD to support that.

iTPG of Resolve does not support custom background color, and it's not a problem with professional monitors because they don't use local dimming.

Taking measurements from the center of your screen is the recommended method.

However, iTPG of ColourSpace supports custom positioning of patterns, and it's not a problem for profiling.

That function is required if you want to make other tests.

You can generate a full-screen patch if you want to check uniformity.

So there are ZERO issues using iTPG of Resolve. I have checked with two different hardware analyzers that are accurate and can be used with dedicated BMD cards for any form of measurement.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#17 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 19:15 
That's great to hear. Thanks for clarifying all of that, Ted.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#18 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 23:00 
Hi guys,

I've attached images of my various settings for the profiling of the monitor, and I will also send over the BCS file.

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#19 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 23:44 
You have an extra delay of 0.

If you use those settings, do not send any file, it will have some thousand out-of-sync readings.

Use 0.75-sec extra delay and reprofile.

Use a project file with one node when you use the iTPG of Resolve.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#20 | Posted: 1 Sep 2022 23:59 
I don't see the extra delay slider anymore—am I missing something? Has it been renamed?

EDIT: I figured it out. Made sure to add .75 extra delay, ran a smaller cube profile, created a LUT, and everything looks normal now.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#21 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 01:57 
Having issues with the low end of my monitor. Again, Never used to get such poor results above black. Attached a few images to compare measurement results AFTER the LUT upload. Above .1, I'm getting lots of excess red measured, but then quickly after that my grayscale looks much better. Panel issue or probe?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#22 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 07:12 
Without seeing the original profile it is basically impossible to even guess what is wrong.
It could be anything in your setup/signal path.
You may even need a lot more Extra Delay if your Resolve PC is not powerful enough for stutter-free real-time playback...
(Use the ColourSpace floating patch window to verify patch sync, as stated previously.)
Or you may have a Legal vs. Full Range configuration issue.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#23 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:11 
Right. Let me get that file over to you so we can see.

The thing is, I'm using the same settings/signal path that I always use, which is why I'm so confused by all of this. My system shouldn't be stuttering (Threadripper CPU with high-end GPUs and fast RAID drives), and signal path all looks correct.

However, I did notice a few times here and there that my Eizo would sort of "glitch" between patches, so maybe there is some stutter happening. Just can'd figure out why.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#24 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:24 
Where should I send the .bcs file via WeTransfer? File is ready.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#25 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:36 
Add into a .zip, and upload here?
Or send a link to steve@lightillusion.com

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#26 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:39 
Zip file attached. Thanks for taking the time with all of this, guys.

Rec709 6859 Patches - Eizo.zip Attached file:
Rec709 6859 Patches - Eizo.zip

Author Steve

INF
Male
#27 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:46 
You still have major issues with the TPG operation.
Just look at the RGB Separation graph for instance.
Each 'plot' should be monotonic, increasing in value.
That shows there is a serious issue with the patch readings, which likely means playback stuttering, or similar.
Also, black is 0.28 nits, which is way too high - that potentially points to another issue, likely with Legal vs. Data Level.

Steve

RGB Separation
RGB Separation
Steve Shaw

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#28 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:47 
Strange...okay, let me look into these issues.

Author J_Coy
ZRO
#29 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:48 
Again, this is the first time I've witnessed these kinds of results aftera few years of using LightSpace/ColourSpace on this Eizo monitor/computer/Decklink card combo.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#30 | Posted: 2 Sep 2022 12:51 
You haven't got the Resolve timeline set to 4K, or something else too large?
Focus on getting the patch playback correct, then look into any possible other issues.
(Use the internal ColourSpace floating TPG window to spot playback issues through your pipeline, as explained before.)

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace, Resolve, and i1 Display Pro OEM Not Reading Patches - And Bad Calibration Results

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 22 [12 Jul 2022 20:37]
Guests - 21 / Members - 1