| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ColourSpace Home Cinema Key Features (compared to Calman Home)

Author ConnecTED
LTE
#1 | Posted: 29 Jul 2021 15:32 | Edited by: ConnecTED 

1) Free updates, no annual fees. For example, LightSpace users have received 12 years of free updates. Calman Home users have to buy at full price each year the software to have the latest installed version.

2) Support (using some instructions) many non-OEM i1Display PRO hardware-based colorimeters:

X-Rite ColorMunki Display / X-Rite i1Display Studio

X-Rite i1Display PRO Retail / Plus Retail

Spectracal C6 / C6-HDR / C6-HDR2000 or Portrait Displays C6-HDR2000

HP DreamColor /NEC SpectraSensor Pro / Quato Silver Haze 3

Wacom Color Manager / ASUS ProArt i1Display PRO

3) 3D LUT SDR (REC.709 / REC.2020) for LG OLED 2017/2018/2019/2020/2021 TVs. (Calman Home is not supporting 2017 LG OLED, it will require Calman Studio)

HDR10 / DoVi calibration using LG's iTPG for LG OLED 2019/2020/2021 LG TVs.

4) LUTs for MadVR / ENVY / Lumagen Processors / eeColor. (Calman Home is not supporting any of those devices for LUT based calibrations)

5) Dolby Vision patch generation for Murideo pattern generators for STANDARD or Low Latency Dolby Vision 'LLDV'. (LLDV is not supported by Calman for Murideo users.)

6) EDR Special Correction Table for LG OLED for i1Display PRO-based hardware users. (not available in Calman for i1Display PRO users).

ColourSpace has available a WRGB OLED meter spectral correction table (X-Rite EDR file) suitable for LG WRGB OLED panel-based users of i1Display PRO.

Users with i1Display PRO as a stand-alone meter can improve their color accuracy for WRGB OLED measurements when they don't have access to perform a display-specific meter profiling using a Spectro.

Adding the i1PRO3 spectrophotometer is the ideal solution to improve the color accuracy of the i1Display PRO for home users.

7) New Meter Profiling Method for WRGB OLEDs (all display/projector tech can benefit also)

ColourSpace uses a more advanced meter profiling method to fix meter profiling calculation issues introduced with WRGB OLEDs when regular meter profiling is used.

The traditional '4 Colour Matrix Method (FCMM)' meter profiling method is not suitable for non-additive displays.

It's called '4 Colour Volumetric Matching' (FCVM).

That meter profiling method is not available in LightSpace.

8) Custom PDF Reporting: Users can create their own custom PDF reports, save/export/import layouts (Calman Home/Video PRO is not supporting custom user PDF reports.

Calman Home is not supporting any form of PDF Reporting. Calman Video PRO support fixed PDF reports)

9) Custom Interface UI: Users can define the size/number of the charts to their interface. (Calman Home/Video PRO has fixed workflows/charts position)

10) 3D CIE, XYZ, and normalized Colour Space Graphs, including Error Tangent lines and color-coded measure points. (Calman has no 3D charts)

11) New user-defined patch color sequences have been implemented for manual TV CMS adjustments, allowing any patch sequences to be imported for either manual or profiling measurements.

Users can perform whatever patch sequence, patch sorting, patch number sequence for 3D LUT profiling. (Calman's engine works for LG with 4 specific patch sequence only, not allow to import custom patchlist even for manual calibration)

12) Capability to see the measurement data file before the LUT Generation.

ColourSpace users can see the measured profile data for all the measured points before generating any 3D LUT, can remove/edit problematic measurement points.

Users can detect any problem, like an enabled display power-saving function they forgot to disable by looking at drift plot chart, any patch generation problem, meter failed readings due to wrong settings; all these data are open to users. Unfortunately, Calman has all this data encrypted and hidden from users, so it's not easy to isolate a problem during the measurements.

13) Evaluation of generated 3D LUT file before upload/export/import.

ColourSpace has 1D Viewer / Cube Viewer / LUT Image Preview; users can detect issues or import LUTs from Calman to detect artifacts/banding/distortions. (all these functions are not available in Calman). These functions can be to evaluate the quality of any LUT-based calibration.

14) ColourSpace HTP support high-end meters, like Calman Video PRO.

However, Calman Video PRO has $1995$ retail and $495 annual fees for updates. So if the user will miss paying two years, he has to play all the years he hasn't paid to get the latest release again.

15) Ability to RESET an LG to initial factory settings without losing the calibration.

When required to reset the TV to its default settings, to prevent an issue introduced to LG TV apps or after installing an FW update, users can record a video or take still pictures of the TV settings per each picture mode (SDR/HDR/DoVi) and then reset the TV.

Then re-apply these settings, generate a color space conversion using the measurement data stored to their ColourSpace profile data list, and re-upload to the TV the LUTs, and upload via USB the DoVi configuration file.

Calman can't do this, as it will require re-calibrating the TV since it's impossible to save or upload any 1D LUT manually.

16) Ability to generate multiple LUTs with different white points or gamma with the same peak output for a different picture mode.

After the profiling measurements (5000 colors) for SDR profiling, ColourSpace will save a profile data file with all these measurements.

Users can generate using that profile data file as many different 3D LUTs with a custom white point or gamma value (for the same peak output) they want, then upload them to different picture modes. This method saves time for the user to quickly test different white points or gamma values without re-calibrating the TV.

Calman users can't do this, as it will require re-calibrating their TV, with a different picture mode selected.

17) Sony / Panasonic TV's DDC with DeviceControl.

DeviceControl users can control their TV controls to speed up their manual TV calibration.

For Panasonic TVs, the instructions are available here.

Selecting EZ as a TV model will work with FZ/GZ/HZ also.

Sony Template is already available for two years, but it's not available to the public. Soon it will be available to the public for ColourSpace/LightSpace users only.

However, I have sent it to many users privately, but I will create a page to the site for users to request access.

Sony Template, beyond DDC of TV controls, unlocking professional picture modes, multipoint grayscale / CMS controls, has some unique features unavailable in Calman.

Users can export and save TV settings to a file or upload a file with settings to the TV, which works as a backup of calibration settings when a factory reset is required.

Calibrators can use that function to provide to the customer the calibrated settings very quickly.

The Sony Template will be available for free only to ColourSpace/ColourSpaceZRO/LightSpace users because I have no time to support some thousand users who may have questions.

Calman Home is limited to work with specific TV brands, so when a user has both a Sony and an LG TV, he has to buy Calman Home for LG and Calman Home for Sony.

18) LG OLED 2020 Issues with factory panel calibration can be fixed only using ColourSpace (not possible using Calman since Calman is not supporting RGB Separation / 3D Plotting charts)

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/post-60812717

19) User feedback is the most important detail about their experience with each calibration system.

Just perform research to see the feedback or issues Calman / ColourSpace is experiencing; it's the only way to find out what is really happening beyond marketing.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/post-59979134
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-cms-next-generation-calibration-thread.3049142/post-60230689
https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/news-gossip-rumours-13/user-comments-lightspace-colourspace-vs.-calman-374-5.html
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/colourspace-zro-low-cost-manual-calibration-software-thread.3175441/post-60550741

20) Customer support?

No comments; I have replied with over 1000 words to a single question many times.

While others from Calman will pick to reply to one from 100 questions writing one sentence of text.

It's important to have someone to talk to or ask a question, and have a proper explanation/help to solve a problem.

Customers initially become friends, with many examples.

You have more chances to win a lottery than to solve a problem via email, using Calman Support.

21) User Guide to Calibration the LG OLED for SDR/HDR10/DoVi.

The best guide written by Leon is available to ColourSpace users; no need to look at any forum, any video, what other users are doing; everything is covered.

Users watch their movies instead waste their time to see if other users have the same problem. (look to Calman Home for LH in AVSForum) ... its the reason why ColourSpace threads are silent.

22) Bug Fixes?

Light Illusion will fix reported issues to software very quick; they can release a new build even after some hours or during the weekend, it will not collect all fixed to provide 2-3 releases a year (see relea

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0