ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Page  Page 5 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »

Author Steve

INF
Male
#61 | Posted: 2 Dec 2020 17:37 
Haman
I'm not really sure what you mean?
Mapping the display to itself is just a method to check the underlying linearity of the display.
It shows if there are unexpected issues BEFORE you start calibrating.
And it can be done with any profile, but the more points, the more information you have to assess.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#62 | Posted: 3 Dec 2020 01:40 
Steve
Steve,
I apologize in advance if my understanding or explanation is poor.

In the video, you did a brightness and contrast setup with 100% white luminance of around 104 nits to get the current un-calibrated state. Then you made adjustment to improve the Dif EOTF with point 3 and to get an initial starting point with running Grey Only Large, but I did not hear you mentioning or adjusting the RGB High/Gain for 100% white to closely match D65. From 15:00 onwards, you extracted the colour space from the initial starting point for that specific TV, selected the new colourspace and the RGB balance looks better. Proceed to run a 21^3 cube profile and re-measured a few of the tangents points (> dE 5).

Can I use the same method above and use the new profile (17^3) to create the 3D LUT needed for my TV?

My current profiling using the general method in AVS, has many red and orange points inside the Rec709 target.
From AVS : Native Gamut on TV, native Gamma preset 2.2, Perform only Contrast Brightness check, and pre-calibrate only 100% White for my TV, 109% for LG SM, run Primary only, after that start profiling.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#63 | Posted: 3 Dec 2020 13:46 
The 'adjustment' was to better set the blacks 'clip point', and correct better the initial over-bright response of the display.
I made no attempt to set the colour temp, beyond that of the display's native setting, as the LUT will do that.

The extracted colour space is then matched to the underlying setting of the display, to see how well it 'maps' to itself.

All that has nothing to do with the large profile performed, and the LUT generated from it.
That is totally separate.
The 'mapping' the display to itself is just a check to see if there is anything screwy with the display in it's native state.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#64 | Posted: 4 Dec 2020 05:38 
Steve
Thank you. I re-watched that video a few times again and I think I got what you mean now.

"The 'adjustment' was to better set the blacks 'clip point', and correct better the initial over-bright response of the display.
I made no attempt to set the colour temp, beyond that of the display's native setting, as the LUT will do that."
This is something I will try as well.

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#65 | Posted: 10 Dec 2020 15:59 
Hi, how does the Profile Luma target works? Specifically, when do we enable "Auto" and when do we not enable it? What conditions do we want to enable and not enable it? Thanks.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#66 | Posted: 10 Dec 2020 18:12 
Haman:
Hi, how does the Profile Luma target works? Specifically, when do we enable "Auto" and when do we not enable it? What conditions do we want to enable and not enable it?

That is actually up to you...
There is no single answer, as it all depends on what you are trying to do when measuring/profiling.
For example, if you are trying to adjust a display to meet a specific set of luma levels for Min/Max, you would not tick the Auto box.
If the display min/max values are not to be adjusted, and you want to see the relative accuracy of all other values to the display's min/max, you would tick the Auto box.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Haman
ZRO
Male
#67 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:32 
Hi, after I uploaded my daytime 3D LUT generation and completed 10^3 verification test, I was left with around 50 orange points and 0 red point. I then re-measured the 50 points by selecting those points and close to half of them were gone. May I know why it happened this way? Is there a need to re-measure the orange or red points after the verification test? Probe settings (integration, Intelligent, delay) were the same as the LG guide. My i1Display Pro Plus was placed non-contact (around 8cm) to TV. Thanks.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#68 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:40 
Likely just means the TV is unstable, as WOLEDs are.
Or, it is possible that that Extra Delay is set too short, as when doing manual re-measurements you will have the patch displayed for some time before you measure.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tsanga
ZRO
#69 | Posted: 13 Jan 2021 14:04 
I'm really enjoying ColourSpace ZRO as an alternative to HCFR.

I noticed with ZRO that I could save user profiles within a session, but as soon as I quit the app and relaunch, all user profiles are gone. Is this a limitation of the ZRO version? User color spaces are saved and retained as expected.

Author Light Illusion

Male
#70 | Posted: 13 Jan 2021 14:06 | Edited by: Light Illusion 
Sorry, measured Profiles are NOT saved.
That is a limitation of ZRO, as defined in the Features Matrix of the website.
https://www.lightillusion.com/colourspace.html#matrix-1

But, user defined colour spaces are saved, if you have the latest ZRO version.
The latest version of ZRO (or any other software) can always bee checked via the Software Downloads page of the website.

ColourSpace DPS includes additional features, including 3D Graphs, and will also have Report capability, when that is added to ColourSpace.
(A very useful additional capability is LUT Generation, for additional display assessment within ColourSpace DPS.)

Steve

Author tsanga
ZRO
#71 | Posted: 13 Jan 2021 14:18 
Thanks for the clarification, Steve.

I figured the details had to be on your website somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

Author ConnecTED
DPS
#72 | Posted: 28 Jan 2021 21:28 
ColourSpace Beta 1.0.0.874 (27 January 2021)

It has a fix for a bug discovered with EIZO LUT uploads using the 'Standard' LUT format.

(Extended LUT format, which is the most common, was not affected.)

Release Notes

Fixed Eizo LUT upload with Standard upload LUT format.

NOTE: New Download Instructions

Please read about the new download instructions here. (Please refresh your browser cache to see the new instructions):

https://www.displaycalibrations.com/colourspace_beta_program.html

Installation Notes

ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.

It will not require to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes

While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform them about the availability of newer beta.

However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#73 | Posted: 3 Mar 2021 19:52 
It would be helpful if Manual Measurement window had a setting that would allow the numerical data to be RGB in addition to the current choices.

It would be helpful to have a "blank the pattern generator" button on the Manual Measurement window. When working on an OLED I want to study the measurement, but I don't want the pattern to cause the pixels to drift.
Web

Author Steve

INF
Male
#74 | Posted: 3 Mar 2021 19:58 
Sorry, not sure what 'Numerical Data' you mean for Manual Measure?
Can you expand in the description?

And to study any measurement, just save the profile, and call it back in another profile window?

However, blanking the pattern generator will cause pixel drift, as changing the pattern colour will cause that on nay unstable display technology.
To be fair, so will keeping the same pattern active.
Unfortunately, there is really no way around that...

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author webdove
ZRO
Male
#75 | Posted: 3 Mar 2021 20:21 
In the profiling subsystem there is a tab called manual measure that has sliders to select the patch color and measurement results. In the results section there is a 3x3 table which has Y x y rows and Target Actual Deviation columns. It would be helpful if there was a version of the table with R G B rows instead.

Ted has been helping me get started with Service Menu White Balance and probe matching on my LG C9 with a PGenerator. He said to use a black pattern when I was not measuring to avoid color shifts. Right now when I make a manual measurement I have to go back to the Hardware Options tab and switch the pattern generator from auto to off to get a black screen. Then I go back to the Manual Measurement tab to study the errors and repeat. If there was a "blank the pattern" button in the Manual Measurement tab I would no longer have to switch tabs back and forth to do this.
Web

Page  Page 5 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ColourSpace Beta - Release Notes & User Operation Questions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0