| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Atomos calibration?

Author garrett
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:18 
Steve, any thought about supporting Atomos hardware calibration in LightSpace CMS? Their monitors clearly support it as they have their own software to do calibration (using the i1Display Pro), but it runs something like a 10-patch generator and gives abysmal results. I could probably get around it during grading by uploading a custom correction LUT, but that doesn't help during on-set use if I'm already applying another LUT (like C-LOG, S-LOG, etc) when monitoring/recording direct from camera.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 22 Jan 2018 10:27 
We have had a number of discussions with Atomos, but they have never progressed beyond the 'discussion' point.
We can easily integrate with their displays, if they provide the required SDK/API for communication.
So the ball is in their court.
Please feel free to chase them up on the issue - Lewis Brown <lewis(at)atomos.com> is the best contact, as he's the Produce Manager.

The calibration process they presently have is the default one provided by X-Rite, and is indeed of poor capability.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author garrett
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 23 Jan 2018 19:35 
Thanks for the quick follow-up. I just sent an email to Lewis, so we'll see if that does anything.

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Atomos calibration?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0