| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

ASUS PA32UCX

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#46 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 19:59 
In order to set brightness and contrast while calibrating, it is easier to control the display by ddc. As there doesn't seem to be a ddc option in colourspace, and only one piece of hardware that isn't a probe can be connected, which is resolve, the only way i found was to use the asus software, which only works when usb and hdmi are connected to the same computer. Which doesn't work as it's only connected to the decklink, hence thinking maybe it's easier to close loop calibrate and miss out the Resolve machine complications
Maybe there is a way to have a remote version of colourspace running on the resolve machine, to control the asus. Guess I'm used to having ddc options in calman.
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#47 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:05 
I do not trust DDC controls - and set the peak luma via the OSD. There is no guarantee what the DDC is actual adjusting.
(Peak luma is all you need to set.)
Using the OSD to limit the backlight brightness means you will be minimising the black level, when calibrating for SDR.

That is why the User Guide says: "Before proceeding further, peak luma levels for the desired standard - SDR or HDR - should be set via the display's OSD Brightness control, using Manual Measure with a 100% white patch."

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#48 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:06 
Because to set contrast otherwise = press menu button, press down 4 times, across once, down once then realise you can't see the patterns because the menu is in the way, then move the probe because the menu goes all the way to the centre of screen.
It really needs a puck, dials, remote device control or something. I've just been spoilt by the Dolby.
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#49 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:08 
I have no such issues, using the 'joystick' on the back/side of the display...
But not sure which ASUS models have that control?

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author tristansummers
ZRO
Male
#50 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:12 
That's what I'm trying to do!
Thanks for the input though.
Do appreciate it.
This is the only thread for this display, which is the only low rent over1000nit peak Dolby capable display at present.
tristansummers

Author Steve

INF
Male
#51 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 20:16 
There are a couple of such displays, but all have similar FADL issue.
At the moment, the ASUS does seem to be the better option.

But, I do expect to see micro-led becoming the future choice....

Steve
Steve Shaw

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 ASUS PA32UCX

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 264 [6 Jun 2020 12:02]
Guests - 264 / Members - 0