| Forums | Register | Reply | Polls | Search | Statistics |
Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /  

Peak Y hold

Author Lttlwing16
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 17 Oct 2021 18:01 
With the implementation of auto brightness limitation, could there be an argument to be made for a "PEAK Y HOLD" option in manual measurements, while using repeat measure. Personally I'd implement this when manually measuring HDR/DV with patches off a USB/DISC to standardize the values, as it can be difficult to manually trigger the measurement at the same time for each patch.

Workflow with a Peak Y hold enabled :

Begin repeat Measure in CS>Open HDR Patch file>Allow measurement for a minute or so> CS holds peak Y value measured at that corresponding patch

Thanks,

David

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 06:04 
Sorry to say, I have no idea what you are trying to describe...

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Lttlwing16
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 10:00 
Sorry, let me try again..

During a set of recursive repeat measures of a single patch, CS currently will use the the last measured values as the data point for that patch.

Instead, I'd propose an option for CS to identify the peak Y value or all measured Y values for that single patch and use it as the data point for that patch.

For instance:
If measuring 90% white every 1 sec for 5 seconds total and the following values were taken for Y: 989,995,1090,1000,997.

CS (with peak Y hold option) would display 1090 as the Y value for 90% white as it was the highest value in the set. Not 997, which was the last value and is lower since it is being reduced by the TV's automatic brightness limiter.

Thanks for considering,

David

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 10:53 
When you set a patch colour, it never changes, so I still do not follow what you are saying... Sorry.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Lttlwing16
ZRO
#5 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 11:42 
Steve
True, Patch Target value never changes, but peak measured value is what I am seeking.

Simply put, would like to know what the brightest each patch gets during a set of repeat measurements on that patch.

Author Steve

INF
Male
#6 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 11:53 
Ah!
You can use the Secondary Execution capability to send the data into an external program, which can list all measurements in any order you choose.

This is not something that is required within ColourSpace, so is not a feature we would look to implement.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Author Lttlwing16
ZRO
#7 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 12:06 
Steve
Thanks Steve for the time, I'll look into the secondary execution capability as I am unfamiliar with it. Not sure it's available at the ZRO license level.

Thanks again,

David

Author Steve

INF
Male
#8 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 12:27 
No, it is not available for ZRO.
You would need DPS minimum.

Steve
Steve Shaw

Bugs & WIBNIs Light Illusion Forums / Bugs & WIBNIs /
 Peak Y hold

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Watch this topic / Get updates by Email
 (?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details when posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 312 [11 Jun 2021 17:33]
Guests - 312 / Members - 0