ColourSpace can be integrated with the AVLab Test Patch Generator for accurate patch generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- TPG Operation
DVDO AVLab operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect input/output HDMI cables to the AVLab, connecting the HDMI out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(Make sure a valid HDMI signal is being input into the AVLab)
- Connect the AVLab to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB cable, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select AVLab from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select the correct Serial Port for connection, and select Connect
- Within AVLab Options use the signal range drop-down to select Video or Data range
- Using the Calibration Patches option select the desired patch size
(Custom patch settings are defined via the DVDO Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the output of the AVLab will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Measure and Characterisation menus.
When used as a TPG, the AVLab has 3 Code Value Range options:
- RGB 0-255
- YUV444 16-235
- YUV422 16-235
The RGB option will work correctly with the any Patch Scale option set within ColourSpace.
The two YUV modes will only work with Patch Scale set to Legal. No other patch sale ranges will work accurately.
Note: within the AVLab's own OSD menu there is a RGB Limited option, which ColourSpace doesn't use. If RGB Limited (or Extended) is needed, the correct Patch Scale setting should be used within ColourSpace.
To use the AVLab as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure, or Display Characterisation.
Output of the AVLab will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the AVLab displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.