ColourSpace can be integrated with the DVDO AVLab Test Patch Generator for accurate patch generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
- ColourSpace INF/XPT/PRO/CAL/LTE & HTX/HTP/HTL
- Closed Loop Profiling
- TPG Operation
DVDO AVLab operation and function is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect input/output HDMI cables to the AVLab, connecting the HDMI out to the display to be profiled/calibrated
(Make sure a valid HDMI signal is being input into the AVLab)
- Connect the AVLab to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB cable, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select AVLab from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select the correct Serial Port for connection, and select Connect
- Within AVLab Options use the signal range drop-down to select Video or Data range
- Using the Calibration Patches option select the desired patch size
(Custom patch settings are defined via the DVDO Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the output of the AVLab will display the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Measure and Characterisation menus.
Note: The keyboard 'O' key can be used within the Hardware and Manual Measure menus to quickly Disable/Enable the TPG.
The DVDO AVLab has a number of colour space options, which both set the signal form - RGB vs. YUV - as well as the selected code range. These setting are applied to the in-built test pattern images, rescaling the signal range as required to match the display signal input configuration.
The RGB 0-255 option will work correctly with any Patch Scale option set within ColourSpace, and is the preferred method of operation.
The two YUV modes will only work correctly with Patch Scale set to Legal.
Note: within the AVLab's own OSD menu there is a RGB Limited option, which ColourSpace doesn't use. If RGB Limited (or Extended) is needed, the correct Patch Scale setting should be used within ColourSpace, with the RGB 0-255 option set with the AVLab.
To use the AVLab as a Patch Generator with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure, or Display Characterisation.
Output of the AVLab will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via the Hardware Options and Settings menus.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the AVLab displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools, and used where required, either within a grading system, a LUT box, or uploaded directly into a suitable display.