DVDO AVLab TPG User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with the AVLab DVDO Test Pattern Generator for accurate patch generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
The following instructions are for using the AVLab DVDO Test Pattern Generator for calibration with LightSpace CMS.
Operation of the DVDO AVLab TPG with LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
- Connect the DVDO AVLab TPG to the LightSpace PC via the supplied USB cable, and start LightSpace CMS.
(Note: There can USB3 port issues with the DVDO, and it may be necessary slow down communication by setting the COM port FIFO buffer speed to its slowest setting.)
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the Dvdo from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- Select the correct COMS port for connection
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size and background level to use.
(Note: the patch size % box defines the percentage height & width, not 'area', and the BG is the background level in integer values from 0-255.)
- Use the signal range drop-down to select Video (TV legal) or Data range, rescaling the output signal as required.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Note: The 'Upload' button and the Null Cube tick box will remain greyed-out, as the DVDO is a patch generator only, and has no LUT capability.
To use the DVDO AVLab TPG as a Patch Generator with LightSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window within LightSpace is activate (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the output of the DVDO AVLab TPG will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with the DVDO AVLab TPG displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.