ColourSpace can be integrated with Dolby's PRM range of monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Dolby calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
Calibration of the Dolby PRM range of displays with ColourSpace is simple, but due to some restrictions with network implementation within the display can prove awkward if the following steps are not followed precisely. If issues are encountered, turn everything off, and start again!
- Connect the Dolby display to the ColourSpace laptop via a network connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Canon from the Hardware drop-down list
- From the Network Address windows enter the required monitor IP address
(There are restricted IP addresses that cannot be used. Please check with Dolby for further information)
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the Dolby display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(If possible, Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the Dolby display will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
To profile the Dolby display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The screen of the Dolby display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Dolby screen displaying the required patches.
As the patch generator within the Dolby displays is relatively slow to respond to change colour instructions you will need to use Extra Delay Time within Probe Options to add 3 to 4 seconds additional delay.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload.