Dolby PRM User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with the Dolby PRM range of monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for calibration of the Dolby PRM range of displays with LightSpace CMS.
Dolby PRM Calibration
Calibration of the Dolby PRM range of displays with LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple, but due to some restrictions with network implementation within the display can prove awkward if the following steps are not followed precisely. If issues are encountered, turn everything off, and start again!
- Connect the Dolby display to the LightSpace PC via a network, and start LightSpace CMS.
(We do not recommend WiFi connections as interrupts can cause sync problems)
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the Dolby option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- Either type the correct IP address in to the 'IP address' window, or select from the drop-down window if previously connected.
Note: there are restricted IP addresses that cannot be used. Please check with Dolby for further information.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Dolby display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Dolby display navigate to the desired profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Dolby display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with the Dolby displaying the required patches on screen during profiling.
Note: As the patch generator within the Dolby displays is relatively slow to respond to change colour instructions you will need to use the 'Extra Delay Time' within 'Probe Options' to add 3 to 4 seconds additional delay.