ColourSpace can be integrated with Dolby's PRM range of monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration
- ColourSpace INF/XPT/PRO
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUTs
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Dolby calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
Calibration of the Dolby PRM range of monitors with ColourSpace is simple, but due to some restrictions with network implementation within the monitor can prove awkward if the following steps are not followed precisely. If issues are encountered, turn everything off, and start again!
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect the Dolby monitor to the ColourSpace laptop via a network connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Dolby from the Hardware drop-down list
- From the Network Address windows enter the required monitor IP address
(There are restricted IP addresses that cannot be used. Please check with Dolby for further information)
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the selected Profile/Load/LUT/Slot, and associated colour space selection, etc., select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
(When Unity Bypass is used with Upload all available Load options are reset - not just the selected LUT choice)
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(If possible, Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.
To profile the Dolby monitor with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the Dolby monitor will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Dolby screen displaying the required patches.
As the patch generator within the Dolby monitors is relatively slow to respond to change colour instructions you will need to use Extra Delay Time within Probe Options to add 3 to 4 seconds additional delay.
Alternatively, an external TPG can be used.
- Open a second ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select the required TPG from the Hardware drop-down list
(Refer to the relevant TPG User Guide for further operational information)
- The probe must be connected to the same Profiling Window as the TPG
Any patch generator can be used, including direct HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort connection from the ColourSpace laptop via a HDMI to SDI converter as needed.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload.