ColourSpace can be integrated with Canon's range of professional reference monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
Canon calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- If required, make sure the correct drivers are installed
(If necessary, verify via Windows Device Manager)
- Connect the Canon display to the ColourSpace laptop via a network connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select Canon from the Hardware drop-down list
- From the Network Address windows enter the required monitor IP address, as set via the Canon on-screen menu
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the Canon display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(Custom patch settings are defined via the Canon Options window - Automatic uses the patch settings defined within the ColourSpace Settings window, or else the closest available patch settings)
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the Canon display will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
(Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all settings will be nullified, not just the relevant LUTs. Should it be desired that settings other than the LUTs remain as set, upload a real Bypass 3D LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.)
To profile the Canon display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
The screen of the Canon display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch settings defined via Hardware Options.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the Canon screen displaying the required patches.
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload to the desired calibration slot.