BON User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with BON's range of monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for calibration of the BON range of displays with LightSpace CMS.
Bon Displays with 3D LUT Capability
Calibration of BON displays with 3D LUT capability using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
However, there are presently a couple of issues with the BON display that must be understood for accurate calibration.
- The in-built patch generator is not accurate, and should not be used for calibration at this time.
The use of an external patch generator is required.
- When uploading the LUT, there may be an errors if the LUT contains unexpected data.
This is possible if the probe readings are inaccurate, due to poor low-light capabilities.
- Connect the BON display to the LightSpace PC via an ethernet network connection, and start LightSpace CMS.
- From the BON OSD menu navigate to GPI/Network Menu, and configure the IP Address, Subnet, Gateway, and Connection Post as Required.
(For example, 192.168.0.200, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.0.1, 5000)
- Still within the BON OSD Menu, navigate to GPI/Serial Remote and activate the Network option
- From within LightSpace CMS navigate to File/Upload, and select the BON option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- From the 'Monitor COM Port or IP Address' windows enter the required monitor IP address information, as previously set via the BON on-screen menu.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the BON display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the associated drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the BON display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the BON display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the BON monitor displaying the required patches.
Note: As outlined above, all profiling should be performed with an external patch generator.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within LightSpace CMS. With the LUT still held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and un-tick the 'NULL Cube' tick box, enabling the present LUT displayed within LightSpace to be 'Uploaded' directly into the BON display.
The optional 1D LUT tick box can be used to separately load the 1D component from the active LUT within LightSpace CMS into the BON display's 1D LUT location.
The location to upload the 3D LUT to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the BON display as needed, perfect for Look Management as well as accurate calibration to different standards.
Note: As mentioned above, some LUTs may not load, as BON monitors cannot work with LUTs that have data that is non-monotonic.
It is perfectly acceptable for a LUT to have non-monotonic data, so the failure to load resides within the BON, and not LightSpace.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads