ColourSpace can be integrated with select BenQ displays for accurate display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUT
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
The BenQ PV270, SW270C, SW321C, and SW271C are presently the only displays in the BenQ range with accessible 3D LUT capability, and and are therefore the only BenQ displays that can be calibrated via ColourSpace.
No other BenQ display presently has accessible 3D LUT based calibration capability, and therefore no ColourSpace integration.
BenQ calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect the BenQ display to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select BenQ from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
(Calibration-1 and Calibration-2 slots are the only two that can be user calibrated, and can only be accessed via the display's OSD after a LUT, or Unity Bypass data, has been Uploaded)
- Set the display's Peak Luma using the Interactive Controls while taking interactive measurements via the Manual Measure menu
(The desired target value will depend on the accuracy of the white point colour temperature)
(Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all display settings will be nullified. Should it be desired that different LUTs and other settings remain as defined, upload a real Bypass LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.)
While BenQ displays can be calibrated using ColourSpace via a LUT upload, the actual profiling must be performed via a an external patch generator.
Any patch generator can be used, including direct HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort connection from the ColourSpace laptop.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload into the desired Calibration slot.