ColourSpace can be integrated with ASUS ProArt displays for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
- ColourSpace Integration
- Closed Loop Profiling
- 3D LUT
- Inbuilt TPG Operation
All future ASUS ProArt Displays will support 3D LUT calibration via ColourSpace integration.
Presently, the following ASUS ProArt models support ColourSpace integration:
- PA27UCX, PA27UCX-K, PA32UCX, PA32UCX-K, PA32UCX-P, PA32UCX-PK, PA32UCG, and PQ22UC
No other ASUS display presently has 3D LUT based calibration capability, and therefore has no ColourSpace integration.
ASUS display calibration is controlled via the Hardware Options menu, accessed via the Profiling window.
- Connect the ASUS display to the ColourSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start ColourSpace
- Set the desired set-up options via the Settings menu, as required
- Open a ColourSpace Profiling window, select Hardware Options, and select ASUS from the Hardware drop-down list
- Select Connect
- To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the display, select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload
(When Unity Bypass is used with Upload all available Load options are reset - not just the selected LUT choice)
- Selecting a HDR slot, and Uploading Unity Bypass, will force the display into High Brightness mode for HDR calibration
(Only two user calibration slots are available - USER 1 and USER2 - and can be defined for either SDR or HDR calibration)
- Using Calibration Patches select the desired patch option to use for profiling
(The only option fro the ASUS iTPG is full-frame)
Before proceeding further, peak luma levels for the desired standard - SDR or HDR - should be set via the display's OSD Brightness control, using Manual Measure with a 100% white patch.
As soon as a Calibration Patches selection is made the ASUS display will show the patch colour as defined within the ColourSpace Manual Measure menu.
(The iTPG is not 100% bit-accurate, so the use of an external TPG is recommended.)
(Potentially, when Unity Bypass data is Uploaded all display settings will be nullified. Should it be desired that different LUTs and other settings remain as defined, upload a real Bypass LUT (generated via LUT Tools/LUT Management/New), as that will only null the relevant LUTs, as selected. Alternatively, reset any necessary settings, such as Brightness/Contrast/Black-Level, after the Unity Bypass data Upload.)
To profile the ASUS display with ColourSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Manual Measure or Display Characterisation.
If using the iTPG, the screen of the ASUS display will mimic the colour displayed within ColourSpace.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to ColourSpace, and with the ASUS screen displaying the required patches.
(Due to the display's Dynamic Dimming backlight, Extra Delay will be needed for HDR calibration (and potentially SDR) to allow the screen time to settle between readings.
To see the impact of Dynamic Dimming select the flashing Brightness Test Pattern, especially with HDR.)
After profiling, a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within ColourSpace LUT Tools.
With the LUT still held within ColourSpace navigate back to the Hardware Options menu, and select the desired LUT from within the Select LUT options, and Upload.
The ASUS display has 4 separate LUT Upload options.
- 1D + 3D (1D pre + 3D)
- 3D only
- 1D pre only
- 1D post only
The 1D post LUT can be used to pre-set display gamma prior to profiling for final calibration.