madVR User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with madVR for accurate profiling and LUT based calibration for HTPC home cinema applications.
The following instructions are for calibration of displays connected to a madVR based Home Cinema system using LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of displays connected to a madVR based Home Cinema system using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple, with integration for profiling and LUT upload.
- Open madTPG.exe, which is madVR's Test Patch generator, from the madVR install folder
- If using MadVR over a network check the madVR tray icon, and make sure 'LAN Access' is Enabled
(If Disabled, Enable it, and re-start madVR)
- Set the desired screen size of the patch window - fullscreen is suggested
- If wanted, you can disable 'videoluts' and '3dluts', although LightSpace will manage this later
- Within LightSpace Navigate to File/Upload, and select the madVR option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
(You will need to manually enter the PC name or IP address of the system madVR is installed on. If on the same PC as LightSpace this will be 'localhost'.)
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- Select the 'Gamut Slot' into which the LUT will be uploaded
- To make sure no LUT is already active within madVR select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size and background level to use, as well as the desired APL mode.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Prior to profiling make sure the the Brightness and Contrast settings for the display have been set as per the Initial Display Set-up guide.
Profiling & Calibration Operation
To activate the madVR Patch Generator navigate to the desired profiling mode within LightSpace - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the madVR patch generator will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with madVR displaying the required patches on the display screen.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal, and with the LUT held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and with the 'NULL Cube' tick box un-ticked, the present LUT displayed within LightSpace can be 'Uploaded' into the select 'Gamut Slot' within madVR
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into madVR as needed.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads
Manufacturer Download: madVR
Manufacturer User Guide: madVR User Guide