Kroma User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with Kroma's 4000 and 7000 series monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for calibration of the Kroma 4000 and 7000 series displays with LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of Kroma displays with 3D LUT capability using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
- Connect the Kroma display to the LightSpace PC via a USB cable, and start LightSpace CMS.
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the AEQKroma option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- From the 'Select the COM Port' windows required monitor COM port.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Kroma display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the associated drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option turn on the patch option (only 'Full' patch sizes are available with Kroma displays.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Kroma display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Kroma display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Kroma monitor displaying the required patches.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within LightSpace CMS. With the LUT still held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and un-tick the 'NULL Cube' tick box, enabling the present LUT displayed within LightSpace to be 'Uploaded' directly into the Kroma display.
The location to upload the 3D LUT to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the Kroma display as needed, perfect for Look Management as well as accurate calibration to different standards.