Konvision User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with Konvision's range of monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for calibration of the Konvision range of displays with LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of Konvision displays with 3D LUT capability using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
- Connect the Konvision display to the LightSpace PC via a network, and start LightSpace CMS.
- Within LightSpace CMS navigate to File/Upload, and select the Konvision option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- In the 'Monitor COM Port or IP Address' window enter the required monitor information (the present IP address to use is 192.168.1.155, and the LightSpace PC will need to be on the same subnet mask and gateway as the monitor - 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1).
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Konvision display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the slot drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Konvision display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Konvision display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Konvision monitor displaying the required patches.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal, and with the LUT held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and with the 'NULL Cube' tick box un-ticked, the present LUT displayed within LightSpace can be 'Uploaded'. The location to upload to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu, and includes standard colour space pre-sets, as well as User slots.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the Konvision display as needed, perfect for Look Management as well as accurate calibration to different standards.