Features and Options
- large optical detection system
- Thin-film glass filter technology
- Spectral calibration architecture
- Supports modern display technologies including:
BURST (Plasma - Pulse Modulation)
AIO (All In One)
- Supports different illumination technologies
Wide Gamut CCFL
- Field upgradeable to support future display technologies
- Integrated tripod mount
- Integrated counterweight, status LEDs, ambient diffuser cover and optics protection
LightSpace CMS Integration
As with all probes, the i1 Display Pro OEM operation and function is controlled via the 'Options' menu, accessed via the Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation windows.
The i1 Display Pro has a range of variables that are directly associated with the probe - including Integration Time, Display Type, and probe Calibration Settings (Matrix pre-sets).
(This obviously ignores settings that are generic, such as Extra Delay Time, Probe Matching, Probe Offset, Luminance Units.)
The options are:
- Integration Time: sets the integration time for any given reading, in seconds
There is no default setting, as different values will be required depending on the display being profiled, with longer values generating more accurate and stable readings
- Display Type: sets the sync mode for the probe, to best match the display type
With the first iteration of the i1 Display Pro only CRT, LCD, and BURST are available, with BURST being suitable for Pulse Width Modulation displays, such as Plasmas. With RevB versions of the probe AIO (All In One) mode is the better option for most display types
- Calibration Settings: using the drop-down menu any pre-set Matrix held with the i1 Display Pro can be selected
The Matrix presets match the probe to different display technologies - specifically the backlight/illumination spectral response
If using the Probe Matching function (Active Probe/Display Data) to pre-profile a Tristimulus probe to a Spectro, the same 'Calibration Matrix' should be used for the Tristimulus probe as was used when the Probe Matching data was generated.
For further information on the additional setting with the 'Options' menu see the Profiling Manual page.
Additional Technical & Support Info.
Additional Software Required: LightSpace CMS
LightSpace CMS Demo: Downloads