| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

Calibrating NEC PA272W for AdobeRGB

Author ilya
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 16:20 
Hi,
We have a bunch of NEC PA272W monitors as well as the old dreamcolour 2480zx in the office. We produce both still images for print and video, and sometimes both at the same time. Right now each station has a two monitor setup, one calibrated to AdobeRGB (for stills) and another to rec.709 (for video work). This is all done using the existing NEC and HP software. After calibration to rec709 colour space I checked with the DPS version, the NEC software did an OK job, not great but OK, while the dreamcolor was way off, deltaE off the chart. So I am hoping I can convince the procurement department here to switch to a different calibration workflow.

It seems that the lightspace software is mostly geared towards video production, is there any way to be able to have it calibrate to the Adobe RGB colour space?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 17:45 
LightSpace CMS will calibrate to any Colour Space target.
All you have to do is add your own 'Colour Space' with the correct values.

For AdobeRGB that is:

Colour ---------- x ---------- y
Red ---------- 0.6400 ---------- 0.3300
Green ------- 0.2100 ---------- 0.7100
Blue ---------- 0.1500 ---------- 0.0600
White ------- 0.3127 ---------- 0.3290

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author ilya
ZRO
#3 | Posted: 15 Jul 2016 04:42 
Thanks Steve.
I was able to varify the NEC software calibration and the Dreamcolor one for AdobeRGB.
The NEC monitors had a pretty good result mostly under deltaE 2, and the colour separation is almost negligible on the chart, however the monitor looks distinctly pinkish. Is this a problem with the calibration unit itself not reading properly?

I'm pretty sure we will need a new probe in the near future anyway. I know in previous post you recommended getting both the i1 Display pro and i1 Pro Spectro to achieve an acceptable result. Is this approach better than getting the BasicColor Discus probe?

Author Steve

INF
Male
#4 | Posted: 15 Jul 2016 08:01 
The Discus is a Tristimulus probe, as is the i1 Display Pro, so for accuracy on any given display you still need a Spectro to perform probe matching.
This is actually true of any Tristimulus, as the matrix pre-sets they come with are always generic, made from displays other than your own.

This is why FSI offer to supply i1 Display Pro probes to customers when purchasing a display that have Specrto Matching data for thst specific display, not just generic Matrix pre-sets.

But, the more expensive Tristimulus probes have better internal filters, etc., so are generically more accurate across different input stimulus ranges, which the results during profiling are more stable.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Calibrating NEC PA272W for AdobeRGB

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0