Forums

Light Illusion is renowned for the level of support it provides to all its customers, and strives to provide an unmatched level of assistance.

These forums are provided to enable open discussions on all aspects of the Film and TV industry.

| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics |
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks /

Mac, Parallels, and Network issues

| 24 May 2016 21:12 | #1
Scene
There have been some reports of network issues with Macs running Windows via Parallels, and connecting to an external system, such as Resolve, for patch generation.

Ira Morris sufferent this, but has found the cause/solution (thanks Ira!).

http://kb.parallels.com/en/8978

Hopefully this will hekp other Mac/Parallels users.

Steve
| 25 May 2016 11:12 | #2
Mono
I use LightSpace inside Parallels Desktop 11 (Win7 64bit on top of El Capitain) and I've found I occasionally have to switch networking between "shared" and "bridged". In the last week I've noticed this with a Canon DP-V2410 monitor (driving the internal patch-gen from Lightspace).
Switching network adaptors in Parallels
| 25 May 2016 12:21 | #3
Scene
Thanks - that's helpful info.!

Steve
| 30 Dec 2016 16:41 | #4
Scene
Further comments fro m a couple of users that may help:

"Be sure that you check the USB settings in VM ware as the probe might not connect if set incorrectly. I had endless issues and later came to find that VMware had to be set to USB 2 (in my case) for my probe (i1d3) to be recognised and to read properly. As for the LS and Resolve connection, I believe I had to set VMware to share with my mac in the settings panel/Network Adapter... as opposed to wifi, ethernet, auto detect etc. none of the other settings worked for me."

and

"Parallels also needs to be "bridged mode" http://kb.parallels.com/4948 Spent a couple of hours on trouble shooting, also used a wired connection (not wifi) and turned off all the firewall stuff in windows. Used the ip from the mac (which showed up in LS) and it worked great. Hope this will save someone 3 hrs of head banging!"

Thanks to Danny and Clark for those suggestions!

Steve
Tips and Tricks Light Illusion Forums / Tips and Tricks / Mac, Parallels, and Network issues Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

(?)
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 411 [17 Mar 2015 10:47]
Guests - 411 / Members - 0

© Light Illusion - All right reserved