Canon User Guide
LightSpace CMS can integrate with Canon's range of professional reference monitors for accurate Closed Loop display profiling and calibration.
The following instructions are for calibration of Canon's reference range of monitors with LightSpace CMS.
Calibration of Canon Professional reference displays using LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
- Connect the Canon display to the LightSpace PC via an ethernet network connection, and start LightSpace CMS.
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the Canon option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- From the 'Monitor IP Address' windows enter the required monitor IP address information, as previously set via the Canon on-screen menu.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Canon display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the associated drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Canon display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Canon display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Canon monitor displaying the required patches.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within LightSpace CMS. With the LUT still held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and un-tick the 'NULL Cube' tick box, enabling the present LUT displayed within LightSpace to be 'Uploaded' directly into the Canon display.
The location to upload the 3D LUT to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the Canon display as needed, perfect for Look Management as well as accurate calibration to different standards.