AccuPel User Guide
LightSpace CMS can be integrated with the Accupel Test Pattern Generator for accurate patch generation, enabling Closed Loop display profiling.
The following instructions are for using the AccuPel DVG-5000 Video Test Pattern Generator for calibration with LightSpace CMS.
Operation of the AccuPel with LightSpace CMS is exceptionally simple.
- Connect the AccuPel to the LightSpace PC via the supplied USB cable, and start LightSpace CMS
- Make sure the AccuPel is set to the default Baud rate of 9600
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the AccuPel from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window
- Select the correct COMS port for connection
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use
- Use the signal range drop-down to select Video (TV legal) or Data range
- Close the 'Upload' menu
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To use the AccuPel as a Patch Generator with LightSpace navigate to the desired profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the output of the AccuPel will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with the AccuPel displaying the required patches on the display being profiled.